Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im looking for info iv got to make a trip from yorkshire to Birmingham all motorway to go see my daughter iv not seen in 10yrs after a divorce moneys tight so what would it cost in fuel roughly 160 plus miles in my hyundai coupe 2.0 16v

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
crash bandicoot said:
Hi guys im looking for info iv got to make a trip from yorkshire to Birmingham all motorway to go see my daughter iv not seen in 10yrs after a divorce moneys tight so what would it cost in fuel roughly 160 plus miles in my hyundai coupe 2.0 16v
Hi Mate

If you sit at about 65 with cruise on you will be amazed how much mileage you get on motorways.Also try sitting behind a lorry which helps too.I managed Cambridge to Edinburgh to see my daughter (similar story) and did 450 miles on one tank of fuel and mines a V6!

Good luck with the visit :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Adamski said:
crash bandicoot said:
Hi Mate

If you sit at about 65 with cruise on you will be amazed how much mileage you get on motorways.Also try sitting behind a lorry which helps too.I managed Cambridge to Edinburgh to see my daughter (similar story) and did 450 miles on one tank of fuel and mines a V6!

Good luck with the visit :)
I always thought it was always best to sit as low on the revs as possible in the highest gear possible? So for example 55mph in 5th gear (any lower feels like its struggling).

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
when I go to brum (Sharkies) from mine (nr Grimsby) the round trip (320) take me about 3/4 of a tank....thats sitting doing 70 (ish)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
tds said:
I always thought it was always best to sit as low on the revs as possible in the highest gear possible? So for example 55mph in 5th gear (any lower feels like its struggling).
You want to be sitting in the gear/speed range that makes most use of the torque, hence why the green band in commercial vehicles is between 1500 and 2100 or so.

That speed will vary between engines and marques. Generally, anywhere between 55 and 65 is about right - always had the best eco results on motorways sitting at an indicated 65. The Evo producing well over 400 miles range, and our 'old'' '61 Megane 1500DCi offering up MPG figures approaching high 60's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts