Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
thedupleman said:
we dont want kias either we want hyundais hence the clue hidden in the title.
We would like a discussion on the veloster and some decent reviews that we could use....either positive or negative.
Good chance for UKHCC to shine!
Same company these days, and unlike the velostar, the Kia looks good. No matter how well the velostar drives, I'd never own something that ugly (apart from the wife :D )

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
But it's run as seperate entities and this is the ukhcc!!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
interesting question....any thoughts boss?

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Definately won't be there, after ruling out other things, I'm now pretty sure the Coupe has a valve not seated right, or a valve seal gone, as its definately leaking air, but not externally! So the head comes off again this week!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Damn and i was so looking forward to seeing donn....sorry you tom!
Bad news buddy that cars sure cursed!

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
The test at Hyundai finishes at 1pm, I think if we meet there at 1 and then drive somewhere where we can park and chat?

I'll post full address when I get in and also pm the test team full details of the day.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
pm me with details for jo please cos we are obviously both coming at same time

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
thedupleman said:
Bad news buddy that cars sure cursed!
I could bring my other car......

To be fair when I rebuilt the engine it was an experiment, expected a few teething problems, just didn't count on a chain reaction, think this air leak may have been the cause of all the other problems since the rebuild. Its been running to rich, and been triggering lambda signal fault codes, however I checked codes again since I changed it and its a MAF code, on top of that the inlet pressure keeps dropping, something me and Sharky missed with the hi-scan as we were looking at the lambda and injectors/fueling, not the air intake. Now thinking about it, if the MAFs sending a signal for a certain amount of air, engine fuels accordingly, but due to the leak there's less air, mixture becomes rich, Lambda reads signal wrong, cars smokes like a chimney, stinks, and lost power. Seems I may have been looking for the fault at the wrong end of the car!

81 - 90 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.