Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
where did you get the pillar pods from mate-a few people have been asking about those

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
we know! been trying to get them made in uk with limited success but looks like you done an excellent job.have you seen the metal monkey dials? they would look well good in yours!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks mate, am going to have the pillar painted in a week or two to match the rest of the grey plastic trim of the car, just hoping that the whole thing still looks the part or i'm going to have to find the black trim!

have seen the dials and have been debating it?! how much of a pain is it messing with the needles? i know the clock set is no problem as i had that apart to fit the trip buttons! do they make them exact to fit the 3.5?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
this'll help
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1029

its a pain first time.just pull em off.remember to pull out small needle holding pins
when going back together leave running til normal temp then put temp and fuel back where they were.dont forget-dont push these on too hard just gentle and not fully in.then rev counter back to tickover speed.
speedo best way is to get a sat nav with mph.put cruise on on nice flat road and stick needle on at 20! sounds daft but works.then take back out and put glass back on

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that will let you know how i get on with those when i get the dials!

am also looking at putting led bulbs in the clock set to replace the standard bulbs, i don't suppose you know what one's i have to buy??

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
not a clue.but with metal monkey guages they are way bright enough with just bulbs

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks all, am well pleased with the look!! haven't taken it out yet so will let you know tommorow what they are like!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
You want to get some blue dials made up by metalmonkey like I did, to go with those gauge pods:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/trismotteram/Sally Mods/08122009009.jpg

It was a pain to swap all the orange SMD's (small flat LED's with no legs) with white ones! The orange ones run on 2V where the white/blue ones need 3.8-4V so essentially you need to get lucky with tolerances. To get about 16 SMD's to light up off the board it took about 50 SMD's of trial and error haha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts