Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi asking this for a mate whos havin a prob with his new gen 1.
He said after he starts the car the airbag light flashes 5 times and then stays on, and wants to know how to solve or disconnect that particular light?
any help is appreciated.
thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
its a latching fault which needs to be reset on the computer, most garages will be able to read the code and reset or tell you what's wrong, the airing light serves as a multi purpose fault light, if you don't know why it came on you need to get it read rather than just disabling the light

·
Registered
51 Posts
WTF!!

The airbag warning light is a warning light that comes on when there is a fault with the SRS (Airbag system), not a multi purpose warning light.
There are loads of reasons why this light would be on (all SRS related).
You will find that only a Hyundai specific scan tool, or flashing the CM (which I strongly advize against) will display the code/s as:
1. The car is pre EOBD.
2. The SRS is not covered under EOBD.
Diabling this light would render it illegal under the Consrtuctions and Use Regulations (1986) and should cause it to fail an MOT.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
mine tripped both times I've had an alternator problem in two seperate gen 1's, one for under voltage, one for over voltage..

my appoligies, I assumped from (granted wrongly) that that it has multi purpose.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are high and low voltage airbag codes (amongst the hundreds of other ones) so I'll let you off.
I was in a really bad mood earlier too, so sorry for going off on one.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
dont worry about it, I expect you to correct me when I talk crap as much as anyone else ;)

you don't become a 5* expert by not being able to correct my guesswork.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
iv just figured out why he was in a bad mood.oh dear.never mind

1 - 9 of 9 Posts