Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks back I picked up some rather nice Hyundai 17 inch alloys. Unfortunately a couple of them were in need of quite a refurb.

I've made a start on the 2nd worst one and am quite happy with the result so far.

Before:

After paint (still needs a light sanding):

Still need lacquering which I'll be doing tomorrow in my new paint booth (picked up a cheap gazebo at argos so I can work on these without worrying too much about the weather :), I really need a house with a garage )

Overall I'm quite pleased with the results, especially as this is the first time I've tried refurbing alloy wheels.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very nice mate, was there any major dents/dings in the wheels and if so how did you handle them?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
I've got a nice set of bk racing alloys for mine which I really should refurb.. but they are multispoke so It's gonna be a fiddle...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kalsius said:
Very nice mate, was there any major dents/dings in the wheels and if so how did you handle them?
There was quite a bit of kerbing on the rim/face which I smoothed with sandpaper, and then filled with Isopol filler. Luckily the wheels are structurally sound so have no dents, cracks or warping. Just quite a few severe scratches and scrapes

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ah good stuff, would be nice to see a before/after shot with maybe a mid shot in there too!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts