Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my coupe (tinkerbell) tecnically my 1st car and i love it too bits... litteraly!

the cluch went and i had the car back for 9 days, at first it still felt like it had a broken cluch but then after a nudge under the bonnet it was alot better but not as it was b4. since getting the car back ive notice its not as fast as it was and seems to take a while to get up too a speed out of town before and seems to take a long time to get higher revs, ive even accused daddy of restricting it!
the revs would just shoot up then be fine again a second or 2 later, but last night as i was driving down a twisty road i went to change in too 3rd for the corner and it would go in to a gear, the gear stick would go but the acutal gear wasnt their (if that makes sence) i pulled over and tryed 1st but no movement, turned the enjine off then it wouldnt even attempt to come back on
so i had to get my friend to rescuse me and abandoned my poor car, today the car start after daddy did something 'magics' to it but had to be towed to the garage.
any idea why and what went wrong
not 100% as to a genuine hyundai clutch but seeing as it was over 100 id imagine so?
gen1 2L SE

·
Registered
596 Posts
Without getting too technical, there's 4 parts that make up your clutch:
a friction plate
a spring plate
a thrust bearing
and the actuator fork

Usually the first 3 items are replaced at the same time. £100 sounds about right, if a not a bargain, for a new clutch, but I'd expect fitting to be about the same again (i.e.£200 all in)

From your description it sounds as if you have 3 problems:
a slipping clutch (wrongly adjusted) - causing the revs to raise sharply
loose gear linkages - causing difficulties with gear selection
possibly a bad engine earth - meaning no electrical circuit for the starter motor, and giving poor sparking from the plugs.

None of these are major problems but they should not have arrisen at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
none of that made much sence to me lol...but i think i get it :| ohhh well, have to stop the shopping and get my baby fixed. ill fiind out tomorrow how much and have to deside if its worth it.... ive alredy made up my mind, its my baby :D and 2 days with out and im feeling lost :(
jus had my accidental (gate post) mods removed and respayed the car green and gold flip :) so i have alot of posing to do once its done lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts