·
Registered
13,388 Posts
because they actually do what they say.the claims are just massively exagerated

·
Registered
596 Posts
eggcatcher said:
Why does ebay let these people sell them?
Also e-bay take a percentage of the sale price as commission.
So e-bay would rather 1 mug bought a 30p resistor on a pretty box for £60.00, than 10 mugs buy a 30p resistor in a plain box for £1.25

·
Banned
169 Posts
Plus it's just not in their interest to. If eBay removed every piece of over-priced unnecessary and poorly-described piece of tat they'd go out of business.

Same way Sony stores can sell the same goods for a grand more than the same thing on eBuyer.
Same way car dealers lie to you about more of less everything.

Just the way of the world sadly. But no, don't buy one ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
eggcatcher said:
Found these on ebay, I know most of the chips are usually resistors that'll screw up your engine, but these ones are more expensive, and have atheir own website going into detail about their products
http://yhst-19807630266082.stores.yahoo.net/
or http://www.voloperformance.com
Bought a 'resistor' off ebay for £5, warranted, delivered in 3 days, good instructions.
Made an instant improvement, but consider an EcoTek Valve, £48 new, but I got lucky and found one on Ebay for £12.
They are well worth it!
Do an ECU reset.....

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Am sorry jerry but i just cant belive these resistors. As far as am aware all they do is trick your ecu into running extra rich. It may 'feel' better but it is just going to cause you problems in the long run.

Just think if they actually worked wouldnt the manufactuers install them as standard. ?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Someday they'll write an automated answer to these resistor threads into phpBB.

"We see you've asked if these resistors are a con or not. Don't bother waiting for a reply, they are indeed a con".

They'll cost you a shedload in fuel, you might fail an emissions test and they can screw up your engine. Same every time.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
always good advice to read the stickys.iv put that one up for this hoping a few more people might notice it

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
lots of people have had great results to begin with using these chips etc... ask them mid engine rebuild if it was worth it and im sure they wont need to say much to tell you there not.. If i knew anyone wanting to buy one id say dont and if i knew someone using one id personally give them there money back to take it off

1 - 13 of 13 Posts