Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second gen 1 coupe (well third if you count the impulse buy that sat in my garden for 15 months and never driven), after my first being killed in an accident I ran out and bought my current Gen1.

Now I know recent unfortunate circumstances took Pingu (Gen 2) from Scout and he's now got a Gen 3 but how many other people have been happy enough with their first Hyundai Coupe to get another one?

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Does being happy enough to tell Donna I love the car more than her count?
If I ever replace the car it will definately be with another Coupe. Although I'm planning on hanging onto the Gen1 as long as I can.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
ooooooooooooohhhhhhh
i had a pony-then a lantra mk 1

it was great so i got a coupe gen1
and replaced with gen3

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
this is my first coupe and when it come time to change it could well be a white TSIII, but then my heart is screaming for a diesel alfa GT. time will tell

·
Banned
115 Posts
had a hyundai accent.. that made me like hyundai. Next car was a gen1 1.6 coupe.. blew it up. and a while down the line i got my new gen1 coupe :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
i will be a repeat offender, gone run the gen3 until it dies, i think it'll be good upto around 200-250k then part ex it against a low miler ts111 in white

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I would happily buy another coupe after this one... Could quite fancy the 3.5

Dont see myself changing mine any time soon though, my F2 Evo still only has 44k on the clock so years left in her :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
This is my first coupe, and i will happily say that i plan to get another when i come to change. Although that will be quite a few years down the line, with only 19K miles on the clock, its still tight as a drum.
How about the genesis though, does that count ?.ha.. i still think it will be an amazing machine and completely rebrand the hyundai name over here.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm still on my first coupe, and after damaging it in an accident last year (luckily fixable), if it hadn't have been repairable, I wouldn't have thought twice about getting another.

Can't see myself chaning anytime soon, I love this one too much. But my next car will defo be another coupe.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Guilty as charged.
This is the first type of car that didn't have me thinking right whats next after 18 months. If my gen2 hadn't been written off then I would still be in it, but things happen and I lost the 2.0 but gained a 2.7 gen3. My plan had been to get an Siii 2.7 but because of the crash funds would not allow so a late gen3 it was.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My first coupe is the one i own now a SIII hopefully time i come to change the car, in one or two years time, the Genisis will be out, and if its in the same price bracket that will be the one for me, if not then not sur what to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is my first coupe and it's a gen3 2.7....... I love it.. If I was to change then Hyundai will have to do better with their engine performance, cos I can't see me wanting a 2.0l......If they don't then I will be defecting to the New Shape Audi TT... But as this will not be any time soon Hyundai have time..

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
i love the title of this..........im waiting for someone to come on and reel off their prison record............lol
its good to see so many repeat offenders though

·
Registered
680 Posts
Another jailbird here...

I started off with a black F2 and then saw an ad at work from an old geezer who'd done his back in and was selling his silver F2 Evo. Obviously I could hardly say no and so without too much hesitation (read: thought and common sense) I bought it off him.

Of course I then had the issue of owning two cars until I could sell the black F2. More to the point, I had the insurance headache that came with that scenario given I had to get another policy out on one of them, and that second policy would start with zero NCB! As a youngish lad (at the time) this was gonna be megabucks so instead I hid it in a mate's garage uninsured.

It sold quite quickly actually... to a cash buyer who I agreed to meet at a service station near the River Severn bridge crossing... (the naivety of youth eh?!)

Lesson learnt from that one - always sell your existing car before getting another! (oh, and don't sell it for cash to a bloke in a car park)

Mathew

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yup im in the re offender bracket too.
Had a gen1 1.6 thought it was ace then clutch gave in so traded it for my current 2.0SIII. Still well chuffed with it and have no plans to change at the min :D :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts