Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, seeing as how I am not gonna be getting the bodywork done this year I figured I could be in line for my audi fitting out.... There's a couple of catches!! (Isnt there always :mrgreen: )

1) This isn't just pure audio, the idea for the fitout is to replace the rear seats and put the subs+amps+crossovers etc in there and to look shiny!! Audio quality is still a factor though!!

2) Budget, I don't really want to go over 1200 for the lot including wiring etc.... I'd push it to 1500 if someone had a real good reason....

3) I ideally want 2x12" Subs+Amp, 2*Amp + 2 sets of components (woofer+tweeter)....

Happy to be re-educated on better setup for the cash etc (I am a car audi n00b :mrgreen: )!! If any more detail is needed ask away!!

·
Registered
18 Posts

hey this is my old car install which is a full fibre glass install which cost £1100 sprayed aswell the only prob with my install was there was no sound deadining which let it down a little but the sound quility was still outstanding have you thought of anything like this ?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
hmm.. well my advice would be to spend a decent amount of your budget on the front system (as they produce 90% of the music) and then add in budget subs (they just need to bang away)

as for the build wood trimmed in carpet or similar will cost the least, and you can fibreglass the edges to make it mould to the existing fixtures of the car, if you add to this a few details, with maybe perspex and lighting you can acchieve very good results, fibreglass painted has to be finished well else it looks bad so no corner cutting on that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been looking at JBL and Genesis for the different bits...

As a basic starter for 10 (looking for advice on makes/types of components) any modifications/changes/the obvious things I have forgotten?

Bass
JBL Bass Pack

Front
Components

Amps
Genesis Amps

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
would be tempted to match amps purely for astetics in the build.

cant really go wrong with morel, and genesis isnt exactally bad stuff either :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so here's where I look like a complete n00b!! If I got 3 of the Genesis amps, would one power the subs or do I need a specific amp for them?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
all depends on the power output, now this is tricky stuff to talk about because there's too many places quote the peak power outputs, rather than the RMS..

so for example them JBL subs are according to CAD, 1400W and they are giving you a 1400W amp to power them... but hold the phone, don't you need 2800W to power 2 x 1400W? well no, because the actual Power Handling, RMS of these subs are 350W. and the actual RMS power of the amp is (in this setup) I believe 425W (or less because I'm not too clued up on ohm impact, ie this can run at 700W at 2 ohm, 425W at 4ohm, but does 2 4ohm subs give 8ohm? so more resistance and less power?? :? )

so getting back to your question of will one of the genesis amps power 2 of the jbl subs? I think so.. but not as well as a bigger more powerful amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts