Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres how my day went, got up went to work finished at 12 half day :D went to local halfords to get new RCA lead and this is where it went bad, got RCA come back to my car only to find for some strange reason my key fob doesnt want to pick up the lights flashing to say its registering but nothings happen so i unlock the door manually and the alarm goes off and wont stop half hour later it cuts out try key fob a few thousand times morestill nothing it appears my key has un synced its self from my car so i phone my mother asking her to bring my spare which as it turns out is also not wanting to work so i phoned hyundai to ask what to do (bearing in mind im 6.3 miles from my house with no working car) they said phone this number so i phone them they say phone cobra direct so i phoned cobra they said i have to get it recovered and taken to my nearest hyundai dealer ship so i phoned AA when they finally turned up i had been in this car park locked out my car in strong winds for 3 hours the AA man manages after half hour and alot of alarm to get my key to sync but the spare wasn't having none of it so with one working key i finally get to leavei get not even half way down the road car just cuts out so i pop the bonnet and have a look and the positive side of the battery isnt attached any more so i put the ring ononly to find the bolt that tightens it to the terminal has snapped so i called my dad this time who brought a roll of foil wrapped it round to hold the ring tight till i got home, at home the car totally dies nothing so my dad being an ex banger racer/mechanic has a look and we looked for a bolt to go in its place for ages finding nothing now its been 8 hours since the key problem now this my dad decided to take the foot off our table what has a thread put that threw the hole then tighten a nut to the other side and this held it stronger then the bolt ment for the job did so now my cars back on the road and running when the speakers decide they dont want to play nice any more and are getting major feed back! so in a complete strop i dumped the car on my drive and just left it there till tomorow when i can have a proper look! frustrating or what.

sorry abit long winded but hey :D my question now, does anyone know how to sync my spare key and does any one know why both keys suddenly come out of sync with the car?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
I dont know the answer, however when I read the topic I thought you had crashed.. so good times on balance :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LiDL said:
I dont know the answer, however when I read the topic I thought you had crashed.. so good times on balance :)
if i had crashed i may of offed my self even tho i did just dump it on my drive i do love it way to much =D

·
Registered
340 Posts
you said it was a cobra alarm, is it the standerd hyundai alarm or the cobra fob (cobra one is like a small rain drop shape and has grey buttons?)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Bah we all have those types of days!! Sit down, make a brew and figure out what needs doing in what order. You never know, you might enjoy the tinkering :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
berni-mac said:
you said it was a cobra alarm, is it the standerd hyundai alarm or the cobra fob (cobra one is like a small rain drop shape and has grey buttons?)
Standard alarm? Standard remote locking? I ain't got either as standard.
With the loss of connection between keyfobs and car, have you tried changing batteries in keyfob?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the cobra alarm comes standard with the F2 evo and i tryed everything changing batterys using spare key fob just a nightmare really least i got one working key just got to get the other one sorted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts