Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a local scrappy yesterday after a front hub, and the car I took it off was an F2, its in mint condition ,scrapped by some tit who doesn't know its a limited edition model, and a future classic. And because its been traded in under Dictator Browns scrappage scheme it'll never be allowed back out of the scrapyard. Brought a tear to my eye, and if I ever find out the previous owner who did this I'll happily serve a life sentance for whatever I do to him!
This is not the only example, my foreman at work has a classic Austin Healey, in his classic car mags theres examples every week of limited edition models that'll be worth far more than the 2K trade in price if sold to an enthusiast. A mk2 Golf Gti for example, or one of those Limited (to 200 cars) Alfa 155 Silverstone edition (the roadcar with full adjustable aero kit, built just to race with full aero kit in the 1994 BTCC). Both would be worth a lot more than 2K if sold privately.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
yeah but a car who falls short to the scrappage scheme will never become classics as their owners will not take care of them as much as is needed to keep them alive long enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts