Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any 1 no how i would change my badge on my steering wheel to a tuscuni 1 coz i cnt find how to take off the old 1

thanks bova

·
Registered
340 Posts
alot of members have just sanded the "drunken h" down and got one of the replacements and stuck it in, i'm not 100% on an other way but we will find some more info and try find a walkthrough maybe and post it up here for you mate! :)

if you don't wanna do that the steering wheels and airbag will have to come off/out and cut out the "h" to do it properly!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Flat head screwdriver, pry up the two sides of the h so they form a kind of loop on each side. Then put the screwdriver through the "loops" and pull very hard. It's how I did mine.

You can see the replacement badge in this pic

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If it's a gen3/3.5/siii at any rate, as they are the only ones I can vouch for, you will need:

Replcaement Tuscani badge
1x (preferably 2x) thin edged but sturdy flat-head screwdrivers
1x (preferably 2x) sturdy pliers - not needle-nosed realistically
1x 10mm spanner or deep socket
Stanley knife (or any sharp knife should do!)
1x Needle nose pliers
Varying grit-ratings of sandpaper (not 100% necessary but deifinitely worthwhile!)
Superglue (possibly!)
some form of measurable upper body strength
30 minutes free time.

>> First off disconnect the NEGATIVE battery terminal using the 10mm spanner/socket. (NOTE: if using a socket it needs to be a deep socket as the next terminal will have a long screw thread!)
>> Next disconnect the POSOTIVE battery terminal to be safe. Press the brake pedal fully down to discharge any remaining voltage in the system. This will stop the airbag deploying mid-modification, if still worried wait 30 minutes.
>> Get your one or two screwdrivers and pry the "H" up along all edges as much as you can.
>> Using the one or two sets of pliers, PULL the "H" out. This can be very physically demanding and you will most likely hit yourself a few times quite hard and get very tired as you pull it off in broken chunks... this is normal!
>> Using the stanley knife (or any sharp knife) make an incision along one of the side-edges of the oval recess left, now using the needle nose pliers pull out the thin backing plate from the inside of the airbag plate.
>> Try and smooth the area down as much as you can, coarse sandpaper is very good for this!
>> Attach your new Tuscani badge, this should fit perfectly if it is an OEM badge from Performance Coupe etc, I cannot vouch for any aftermarket ones. Superglue may be required but don't use much if you need it as it will eat away at the under-side of the badge and ruin it!
>> JOB DONE!!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
its a bitch of a job.you can get metal t badges like mine off ebay that fit over the h,hence not having to remove H badge.depends what you want i dont like the ebay sticky t badges for on the steering wheel.you can see mine here

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
none on at moment will post a link soon as see one

·
Registered
326 Posts
Really considering debadging my steering wheel, sounds like it's a bit of a pain but I'm sure I can find someone to do it for me. I want to debadge it completely though, not rebadge with Tuscani. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
ooh tough one. if u just took it off it could look crap with holes in the steering wheel so u would need something to replace it with. maybe get a custom one done up?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
hutchy said:
Flat head screwdriver, pry up the two sides of the h so they form a kind of loop on each side. Then put the screwdriver through the "loops" and pull very hard. It's how I did mine.

You can see the replacement badge in this pic
sorry for posting twice but where did u get that one from Hutchy? any close up pics of it?

·
Registered
326 Posts
yeah, I would definitely replace it with something, it would look AWFUL with the holes in it....looking for suggestions on what to replace it with. Tuscani badge is really nice but I just want to go for a simplistic, clean look.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I removed my H badge and stuck a thin sheet of aluminium (about 0.75mm thick) in its place.
I then stuck the Tuscani badge to the aluminium.
It gave the badge a nice flat surface to stick to, and the new badge doesn't stand proud of the surounding plastic.

(Note to self.......must get some pics of steering wheel badge........)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just to point out we're not talking 'bacofoil' here.
The aluminium has to be thick enough to resist bending under finger pressure.

Once I'd removed the H badge, the steering wheel had a H shaped recess inside the oval.
I used cut-up double sided foam sticky pads to fill in the biggest bits of the recess, and then clear general purpose 'bostick' (which has a bit of substance to it, unlike superglue) to actually fix the aluminium in place.

The aluminium I get from work, but if you want a few bits to try send me a PM and I'll gladly put some in the post for you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Was thinking about covering the wheel in leather but changed my mind because thought it might affect the airbag if the worst should happen....it would look cool but I wouldn't want to risk it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts