Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Sound Quality

Votes: 28 87.5%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple poll here, do you prefer to have your sounds turned up till your insides wobble or do you prefer pure sound quality in your car audio system?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Sound quality all the way! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
LiDL said:
i'm actually suprised at the results so far.
I think it's because the question suggests either extreme...

E.g. massive bass with little quality, or crisp quality with little bass. Where a lot of people like a bit of bass to back the beats of their faveourite songs, they often don't want to compromise on quality.
If it were more like "What would you prefer: Powerful bass with stock speakers for sound qualty, or crisper quality speakers with no extra bass?" then maybe the results would be different ;)

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's more a case of if you were to upgrade your system.. what would you be aiming for?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
LiDL said:
it's more a case of if you were to upgrade your system.. what would you be aiming for?
In that case then isn't the answer usually going to be both? Or at least be an option, maybe "Compromise" lol.
My aim is going to be better quality with a little extra bass, some better 6x9's in the back but no sub's ;)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Have to agree with tris. Im after a nice crisp quality sound but also want some nice bass flying around too.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I think i've got a decent compromise between Bass & Quality...

I've got 2 JL Audio subs and they're in a sealed box, so the bass is nice and tight.

But... they are being powered by an amp running at up to 1000 RMS, so they do give off a hell of a lot of bass.

:D

·
Registered
617 Posts
Id have to say it would be a mix between the both,.so i am unable to vote

I like to have thumping bass there if i need it but also like that bass to be backed up by decent sound quality :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with Tris as well. Much rather hear the music rather than have my insides sucked out!
That being said, a good bass helps.....................

·
Registered
215 Posts
Definitely quality, many people don't seem to realise that music can be enjoyable even at lower volumes these days.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love a heavy bass line, if I can't feel my seat vibrating its just not enough bass!! that been said if its got so loud that I can't hear the vocals etc, that kinda ruins the song for me.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Quality, why would anyone want to make their eyeballs vibrate, thats got to be wrong :shock:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Guess its a personal preference... sometimes i do like alot of bass, sometimes i do like less bass. i think a mixture between the two is always good.

People say to me " why do u need bass in your car" my reply is, if you like your music, and went to a concert, would you be very disappointed if there was no bass kicking through out the room. not that im suggesting bass to blow off your windows. There is a level of bass that is just stupid for driving, but i think that consists of 4 or more subs which usually suggest show car. :D

Although i would not mind having that many.. and could turn it up and down when ever i pleased.

·
Registered
113 Posts
not really the boxes and amps just plonked in the boot need to sort a proper install really so looks nice

plus not sure where u could compete around here

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
festa888 said:
i voted bass but you gotta have both really at last test mine was 141.6 db but new subs now so should be more
Bloody hell thats a good number!! What were you running??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts