Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I've not got the kind of money new rims cost, so have sprayed up my existing ones.
Before

After

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Yeah i like that. Was thinking of doing mine. You should mask it all off and spray the lip the same colour as your car. Thats what i would/will do with mine. :D

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only downside is, I'm using the car regularly, so not got the time to do all the wheels at once, so its one at a time, the side you see is done, the other isn't, so I look stupid driving around with odd wheels. Will be worth it in the long run though.
And JRP, considered your idea, but I'm not that good at spraying, and only paint shop near me is halfords, I don't trust them to colour match!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Yeah i see where your coming from lidl suppose its either a love or hate it kind of thing.

eggcatcher - I had some paint mixed up at halfords and it was pretty spot on. I guess its as good as the person mixing it tho.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
:shock: they look fantastic mate! go so well with the rear lights now too....

I wouldnt do a lip mate.... reason being a lip emphasises the size of the wheel and with you having 15's it will make them look tiny... The white lip on my evo 16's makes them look alot smaller than they are IMO.... Plus they look sweet as they are :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
They are class man, Huge improvement. The look fresh and new and must def saved some money instead of buying new rims. I'm thinking of painting my alloys black at some stage as well. What did you use for this?

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Calipers are painted to now, this is an old thread, now have a second set of wheels also painted, although 3 of them have punctures so have gone back to these black ones for sunday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts