Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Affecting models 2002 to end of production 2010/2011

currently,there is a recall in place for the gen3(2002) upwards to Siii models,affecting the brake light switch under the brake pedal

Members need to contact a local dealer to have this fault checked.

It's NOT an urgent recall,but it does need to be checked out.HYUNDAI IS ISSUING LETTERS AS WE SPEAK.please feel free to await your letter arriving.
If no letter arrives please feel freeto reassure yourself by speaking to your dealer
It will take 20 mins to check- replacement will be free.
In some cases no replacement maybe necessary.

This information was issued to Hcoc by Hyundai.Further relevant details will be revealed to Hyundai coupe owners club (hcoc) and the uk Hyundai coupe club (ukhcc) members as they become available.

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Several off Hcoc have been in its simply replacing the switch if it needs it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone know exactly whats involved in this??

I had mine done 2 weeks ago and have noticed a loud annoying rattle from the dash area (i know another rattle lol), and i want to know if they would have been in that area fixing it?

Only reason i presume its then its been created is because when it went to Hyundai to have clock replace they put two "dents" in the dash at the edge of the fascia panel by removing it from the top and not the bottom at the ash tray, so fair to say my confidence in them isnt at an all time high given Hyundai service mechanics dont know how to remove Hyundai fascia panels correctly, its feasible they could have snapped something getting to switch etc in dash during this repair.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The 'dents' are just imprints from their removal tool and due to the dash material they will gradually 'fade out' after about a month or so, so I wouldn't worry about that part :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
VoodooRoller said:
The 'dents' are just imprints from their removal tool and due to the dash material they will gradually 'fade out' after about a month or so, so I wouldn't worry about that part :)
Well the repair was completed nearly a year and half ago mate, and still visible. I have removed that center fascia panel several times, and always used a tool in the hole at the ashtray, never between the soft dash material and the plastic trim. I thot thats what the small hole at the ash tray is for as it seems the most obvious way and least damaging.

But anyway no one know whats involved in the recall repair?

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it's the switch behind the pedal so I'd assume removing the switch might involve pedal removal possibly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts