18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help help ! ! ! !

I have a Hyundai Coupe one with twin head lights an its a x reg

I have just washed an waxed her an now she wont start any ideas

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
yeah, it sounds like you got something wet that you shouldnt have, did you open your bonnet and um, jetwash it or anything?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no it was just a quick bucket an sponge job an i have just bin round too it after leaving it to dry out like ^^ suggested an just jump started an went str8 away

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tell me about it lol well i managed to get it going again so i will just run it an see
just wait till the morning an see what happens then :?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Agree you shouldnt have many issue with a simple bucket and water job, if it happens next time it may be worth having a look under the bonnet when asap after washing and having a look to see if there are any runs of water near the electrics.. If you do suspect an area, the time after, put some foil round the exposed electrics and then see if it still happens. Might have to work through and check each as a process of elimination.

·
Registered
260 Posts
No worries mate, I have done an engine bay clean with Gunk and a hand spary bottle and as long as you cover the electrics and areas where water could get you are fine, hence the surprise from people when you mentioned the problem above =]

·
Registered
461 Posts
Kalsius said:
Agree you shouldnt have many issue with a simple bucket and water job, if it happens next time it may be worth having a look under the bonnet when asap after washing and having a look to see if there are any runs of water near the electrics.. If you do suspect an area, the time after, put some foil round the exposed electrics and then see if it still happens. Might have to work through and check each as a process of elimination.
FOIL????? IS A CONDUCTOR DO NOT DO THIS YOU WILL SHORT OUT YOUR ELECTRICS
would be a good idea though to give all your under bonet electrics a good spray with something like wd40 or gt40 water repelant spray.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts