Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
put RD tiburon into google and look on there.and remember your dealing with yanks so tread careful

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thedupleman said:
put RD tiburon into google and look on there.and remember your dealing with yanks so tread careful
Can't stand Yanks, will only get myself thrown off for calling them fat stupid ****s, who have to wear helmets to play rugby badly. Anything available that don't involve dealing with them.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
not as i know of.the yanks love messing with cams.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Yeah they is loads of threads on there how to do it. I have found this one on timing. May be of some use to you. Timing DIY Here If is of no use go through the DIY section on the site loads of usefull stuff on there.

Oh and also found a 1.8 intake cam DIY HERE Tho the pictures are down in the first page if you go through the other pages they is pictures up.

Hope this helps you in some way.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
eggcatcher said:
Cheers, only prob is the second link has the pictures removed. Should be all I need though.
Hi yeah i did say :lol: If you go through the pages they is numerous pictures up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
eggcatcher said:
Now i've got my F2 cams, does anyone know where I can find info on a Cam change?
How much difference will you notice changing standard 2.0 cams for the F2 cams? (gen 2) :?:

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its the only big difference between a normal 2.0 engine and the F2 evo engine. Officially the difference is 17bhp, but Hyundai have lied about some bhp figures, so not sure the exact difference, ask Sharky.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try your local scrappy, and 1.8 lantra engine will do, I you can get it at a decent price then you can flog other parts on here, my extra gearbox will be going on sale as soon as i get it off.
There is a complete F2 evo engine for £275 on ebay. Theres also a scrap F2 listed as an F2 evo, avoid it, the F2 has the same cams as the SE, only the Evo or the Lantra has the ones you want.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reevezie said:
eggcatcher said:
Now i've got my F2 cams, does anyone know where I can find info on a Cam change?
How much difference will you notice changing standard 2.0 cams for the F2 cams? (gen 2) :?:
I do seem to get more grunt in the mid-range, I often accelerate away from the lights over enthusiastly and change gear when i feel its right, then realise ive still got 1500rpm to go! If I concentrate and let it use that 1500 rpm it feels like its got a lot more than just 7-8bhp there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
When you change your Camshaft do you change BOTH the "inlet" & "exhaust" Cams? Might be a silly question i know, i been asking Sharky but i believe he has gone away for christmas, he told me to look for a Camshaft off 1.8 Lantra but everytime i enquire they ask me if i want "inlet", "exhaust" or both?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
pretty sure its just the inlet but not 100% im just trying to remeber from reading previous posts.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Been told its only the inlet that makes the difference, but I fitted both as it was easier to keep them aligned that way. Definately don't pay that dealers price for 1 camshaft, try scrappys for 1.8 Lantras, F2evos (make sure its an Evo not just an F2, most people don't know the difference), and try ebay, theres an F2evo engine on there at the moment, but its £275.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Decided to get the cams just incase. Can anyone tell me if you can tell if there the right cams or not by looking at them? Sounds strange i know but im abit wary of the guy i bought them from (ebay) he swears there off a 1.8 1998 model but im worried he'll send me different thinking i wont notice???

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honestly you won't notice until you get the origional ones out. Then you'll (hopefully) notice that with the teardrop shaped bits, that sit over the valves, that on the 1.8 they'll be sharper at the sharp end. Very technical there.
What car was it, a 1998 1.8 what?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry 1998 1.8 Hyundai Lantra. Sharky told me to get them off this car and that he would fit them for me. Unfortunately i think hes gone away for xmas and i just wondered if there would be anyway forme to tell if he sold me the right ones. I worry alot LOL. Last thing i want to do is drive down to Birmingham with these Cams only to find out there not what there supposed to be.....

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you see the Lantra they came from? Tbh there aren't many people who know about the Lantra cams being used as performance cams who aren't on either forum, and I don't think anyone on them will cheat you. I know you can't be 100% certain until you got the other ones out, and by then its a bit late! Where did you get them from?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts