Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i purchase the climate control and put it into mine?

I have a 2.0 04 Coupe.

Cheers for any responses.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
big questions need big responses.
if your looking to plug and play the answer is NO.nonononono
iv been looking to do this for 6 months and it is a big deal.someone has done over here and several people in the states have.

you would need a climate control-typically 50-80 quid secondhand.then the plugs to swap your wires to AND a new dash panel and the sensors.
there is a wiring diagram somewhere on new tib.
you would need an electrician who really knew what he was doing,extra wires for sensor probes such as outdoor temp etc or loads of it wouldnt work.its a monumental job.an expensive and very trying job.up to you.but get the wrong person to do it........and wreck your car.......you need someone you can trust 100pc

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Someone has to say it, just open the window :D
And Dupleman, I'll fit yours for you, just fetching my sledgehammer, which size do I need, big, very big or f****** big?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
just open the window..........and make sure eggcatchers head is there when closing :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my dads a mechanic and i can trust him. THe reason i want it is because i dont want freezing AC or Boiling Hot air.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
ask him if he feels competant to do it,there';s alot of wiring to be swapped.if he does....go for it

·
Registered
596 Posts
Buy a V6 with climate control as standard, swap out the engine & transimission for your 2 litre unit, and sell the 2.7l engine & tranny to me for peanuts!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts