Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,310 Posts
people will hate you and then it'll break down or you'll need a service and that'll be more than £15 than the sii

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Go and sit in it. Go and drive it.The build quality and finish of Porsches just blows anything else out of the water in the used car market.

Over a month ago I bought a 2000 plate 3.2 Boxster S and I'm convinced it's fantastic.

Edit: Oh wait, you wanted convincing to buy the SIII? Errrr. Pass.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some choice comments there guys lol.

Thanks for the input :)
Have put down a deposit on this after a days thinking about it.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
Full service history with belts done and get a years mot+tax with it.
Figured that small as they are the back seats are kinda useful.

Will be starting a mod diary once the cheque from the insurance turns up in a few weeks. Figure re badge with Tomato AP, new discs and pads (maybe vented, not sure yet), window tinting and change the tyres on it to something with an actual name (auto guard seems a bit iffy from what i found online). Probably drop Duple a line to get headrests sorted as well :)

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
nice coupe , most probably the sensible option , not sure which way i would have gone , most probably the threat of the frying pan to the head would have helped me go for the coupe ,

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers, you must have gotten to see it just before the advert was pulled !
Silver was my 1st choice but since there seem to be none within 200 miles of me at a price i was happy with figured the red will do the job. Seen one a few days back that was de-badged with tinted windows and quite liked it which is rare for me, usually hate red cars.
Pick it up next Saturday and will get a new modders diary going :)

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Why would you not want a Boxster? People say it's a poor mans Porsche, and can't compete with a 911.
Well, 3.2L, MR layout, that's still a capable sportscar. having the engine in front of the rear axle (not the usual RR Porsche layout) makes it an easier car to drive enthusiasticly than a 911. Even the smaller engines are capable, it's not like the 924s I look at a while back, which was a cheap Porsche that realy wasn't fast at all.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not that I didn't want it, I just weighed up the repair costs over the life of the car vs the coupe, between that and the extra (ok, miniscule) seats my mind was made up.

And call me crazy, I know most probably will....... But I actually think the coupe is one of the nicest looking cars around. Even more than a Porsche :oops:

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
I'll grant the prestige Kraut cars aren't the best things to have when they go wrong. They don't go wrong often, but are usually over-engineered and over-complicated, so sometimes something will go, and when it does, looking at very expensive parts (usually having to replace whole sections of something to repair something trivial) and very tricky jobs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
my advice is go and test one. I looked into them last year and the ones I drove (I drove a few to check if I had picked bad ones) were just horrible. it is personal taste but for me it was the following:
the seats gave me back ache, the engine sounds like a tweaked beetle, the pedals are so close together you cant help hitting one when you go for another, the handling on A roads is fine but down the lanes they seemed to 'skip' over the surface.
it may be just the car for you but it's not a car for me.
as i said, test drive (2 or 3 to compare them) and see how you get on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts