Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as said the coupe is no longer avaliable to buy on the website,when will the new coupe be avaliable in the uk ???i have seen some pics of the genisis coupe will this be the uk model??and they are saying it will be much more powerfull!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Genesis coupe has 2.0 turbo and 3.8 V6 engines with RWD, so it would be a lot more powerful than any of the previous coupes in this country, but noone seems to be sure if it's coming here or not.

People have said previously that brochures for the genesis have landed in hyundai dealerships in this country but that was a while ago... not heard much since. All other information seems to point to a new coupe which is going to be more like the current format, FWD, pants engines etc :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so from now until 2011 there will be no coupes forsale (new)??
its about time hyundai put a real engine in the coupe for us in the uk!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
tthey wont because the government wants smaller not bigger engines thats why tax going through the roof

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
borrow the 1.4 from kia, it has like 104bhp (1 more then the current 1.6!). Will be interesting to see what they will come up with considering the wave of new small coupes coming out soon from Mini, the new Puma, Pug RC-Z and its baby brother, Honda CR-V, new Celica and its Subaru twin,etc..... Come on Hyundai!! and dont call it something shocking like the iCoupe or somethin! Kia have a Coupe in the US (based on the Cee'd) called the Forte Coupe, or coup as they say, and its a fairly funky looking machine

·
Banned
169 Posts
They'll almost certainly do something, but as with most manufacturers they'll probably move to smaller turbo'd engines as they're better on emissions tests - even BMW are doing away with normally-aspirated engines for their M-Series cars for that very reason.

The coupe was a pretty successful car, so I'm sure they won't shy away from making a replacement but yes, expect it to have a silly name ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i thought as much about the genisis coupe not coming to uk beceause of our stupid laws regarding emissions while other countries dont give a crap!
i would buy a genisis in a heart beat!if avaliable :D

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I wont why tho!surely when they we designing the car the Euro market got some condiseration? isnt the Genesis saloon coming tho?

Dunno why Im complaining tho its not like either will be sold in Ireland!!! :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts