Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so you have those standard clunking hyundai alloys huh? 16 inch but you want summat different? well i can personally recomend
RX8 ALLOYS!
loads of mazda rx8 alloys available ranging from 100 a set up to about 350,most come with tyres and you have an instant way to move to 18's.they handle so much better and look brilliant.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
A larger diameter in wheel size (ie 18 inch as opposed to 17s ) will not not give you better performance in speed. It will actually slow the turning of the engine. However if you increase the wheel diameter and alter the gear ratios, weight and body roll by removing seats and unnecessary weight by replacing panels with cf and coilover suspension then you can improve the performance that you lose form bigger wheels

No performance enthusiast will suggest that bigger wheels will give better performance! even with low profiles that provide better grip. It is the same reason that track cars use smaller wheels to put down as much of the engines bhp to the road.

wider tyres on the other hand give you better mileage and hence more economical
Also bigger wheels and tyres are heavier and reduce performance

Having said that 18's look better then 17's

http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/alloy-wheels.php
( This website calculates your performance and effects of wheel size on performance )

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is great info and got me thinking...

...are there any other wheels that would slip straight on to a gen3? There's no point thinking about anything under 17" but there must be loads of 5 stud wheels that would fit? I just like the idea of an instant upgrade!!

If there is already a list somewhere point me there and i'll start to trawl ebay!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok i'll say it Daz, you have a centre cap missing in that top pic :D :D
Yeah they do look awesome though, wish id of known about these before i got my current 18s

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not any more

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Burger28 said:
I seriously don't think the RX-8 wheels suit the coupe! they look fine on the RX-8 though :?
your in a minority there!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
indeed.you must be getting old matey!

·
Super Moderator
2,053 Posts
Burger28 said:
I seriously don't think the RX-8 wheels suit the coupe! they look fine on the RX-8 though :?
Your not alone mate, dont know what it is but i dont think it suits the lines of the coupe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts