Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above my engine check light is on....
I know what happened - I was cleaning under the bonnet, didnt notice the water in number one spark plug hole.
then run the engine and the light started flashing, engine was a bit lumpy.... I dried out the plug and hole and all is fine now, but the light is still on.

The question is - how do I reset the light ? any thoughts ?

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Take it to a dealer and have them do it via computer, or if its a while until your mot leave it and it may reset itself, I changed ABS sensors at the front, and the light stayed on because it needed resetting, I never got round to it and it went out after 8 monthes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It'll have recorded an engine misfire detection code. Because this is an emissions based code it wont self erase. But because you have a Gen 3 the code is in EOBD format and can be erased by almost any generic scanner, so you don't have to go to a dealer and get shafted, you can go to any decent independant garage. If you lived closer to me, I'd do it for nothing.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
sharky said:
It'll have recorded an engine misfire detection code. Because this is an emissions based code it wont self erase. But because you have a Gen 3 the code is in EOBD format and can be erased by almost any generic scanner, so you don't have to go to a dealer and get shafted, you can go to any decent independant garage. If you lived closer to me, I'd do it for nothing.
he's only saying that cos every time it comes on on mine he's usually the cause lol.he's right though why pay rip off dealer prices?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Take the battery off and leave for a few minutes, that cured mine once when i had a blip. If you think its something serious dont take my advice, i have a fault reader plugs into e.c.u thats how i knew it was just a blip... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, all sorted now.
MOT this morning - pass with flying colours.
Also reset the fault - free of charge.
The fault showing, was a miss fire on Number one cylinder - yep I knew that when I found the plug hole full of water - Doh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts