Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my coupe for about 2 months now and it just seems to be a bit slow to accelerate, I know automatics are a bit slower to accelerate than manuals, but I just wanted to know if there anything I can do to improve acceleration.

Also my accelerator pedal is starting to feel a bit loose, it feels like I have press down very hard to get the car moving, any body got any suggestions about fixing that.

many thanks

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
sounds like summat is wrong for sure.where in the country are you?

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi ive got a gen 2 2ltr se when i first got it the accelerator seemed not to go down too far and not get good acceleration i thought somethig was wrong and took it to the garage he explained my floor mat was riding forward and only giving me three quater throttle lol :oops: so i cut a square out of the pedle side now ok then i invested on a cia (30quid off ebay )fitted it and was supprised at the extra power hope this helpes

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
there is a regular poster on here called essex tech.he runs his own garage and is very favourable to coupe club members he may be able to help if your struggling

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Ahh no need to appoligise.

a CAI is a Cold air intake, which in a nutshell is a tube with a filter, on the end. The CAI attempts to collect cold air from lower in the engine bay for the engine to use.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
No its very easy with simple tools. Takes about 30mins from start to finish if taking it slow. Tho with a CAI i think you will have to remove the old airbox and resanator. Which can be abit of a pain.

Im not too sure as i have a SRI and i left my OEM air box and resanator in place cause im a lazy git :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts