Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv just recieved the nicest dials iv ever seen for on my gen3............
they are made in south wales by a firm called metal monkey,and im pleased to tell you you are entitled to a 10% discount!

they are solid brushed ally(available other finishes)and are available for gen1(standard and f2 evo and the heater dials)and gen3,3.5 complete with symbols and the centre dials

you can specify any finish you want...........any style and colour you want and you can even spec your own design of writing or symbol such as a tuscani t etc

these dont come cheap though.im waiting for comfirmation,but your looking at 80 quid ish ish
but they are well worth it.il confirm prices as soon as im sure of the exact figure
gen1 available now gen3 middle of october.

all you need to do when ordering is quote "hyundai coupe forum"
if anyone needs help fitting i can advise
post image not working as i print this so il update with pics later on
meanwhile whet appetite here
http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk

·
Registered
260 Posts
D thats great news, definitely somewhere on my mod list and they certainly have a wide choice to go at!!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
596 Posts
Whilst not to my taste, those dials definitely go with your red interior.

How easy (or otherwise) were thay to fit? Any points to beware of when tackling the job?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they do them in any colour-have a look at the website

hardest bit is getting speedo needle back right.need a sat nav and straight road lol
everything else is so easy.
you can customise everything-you'd be amazed
www.metal-monkey.co.uk

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
get your wallet out miller!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
thedupleman said:
they do them in any colour-have a look at the website

hardest bit is getting speedo needle back right.need a sat nav and straight road lol
everything else is so easy.
you can customise everything-you'd be amazed
http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk
when I changed my dials I found that if you start the car, leave it in neutral and parked, put the needle to the stopper (0mph) and then press on moderately firm it should be right. I used satnav to check and it was bang on. If you press them on too hard they stick so be careful of that lol.

But yeah - ALWAYS check the speed is right with satnav ;)

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just thought id bump this up for newbies

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Cidneyr said:
i'm not totally sold on the ol' steel dials,
Mine are black... look very close to stock. You can also have mixed colours if you fancy doing a white/coloured SMD(LED) conversion - it can be a pain though.

But you can have them as stock looking with different colours/notch styles/custom logos etc on ;)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I'm thinking black also, perhaps a red shark on the dial itself. Maybe need to think about this one a bit more. Either that or going completely the other way and getting some white dials or something.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
believe me these are the finest you can buy

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
very expensive indeed.But well worth the cost

·
Registered
384 Posts
i reckon im going to agree with eggcatcher on this one, if i get all the dash out i may as well replace the led's with the colour i want

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the thing is its the dials that are the high quality.but i do agree they are expensive.those that have had though have been more than pleased

1 - 20 of 60 Posts