Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using the front fog power and switch for my lighting effects rather than for front fogs, but this means I have to have the key in the car and the lights on (so bong bong when I have my doors open).

So, does anyone know if the relay can be changed in order to allow power without the ignition or side lights being on?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well yes, however I have a power source, and a switch for it, sitting there no additional wiring required.. seems silly to cut holes, run wires, muddy up my power distribution at the battery when I've got an unused power source, all wired in, with an oem switch which lights up green (the colour of the neons ;))

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
this is a stab in the dark mate and my electrical knowledge isnt brilliant but i think if your going this alone the way to go mate is to check out a wiring diagram for the coupe and take it from there! obviously the fogs can only be used in tandom with the sidelights and so to get what you want your first of all going to need to bypass where turning the sidelights off shorts out the circuit to the fogs! Secondly if i remember rightly the fogs turn off automatically with the removal of the key? So the power down without the key is also going to need bypassing!

I suppose the easiest way would be to rewire the fog switch straight to your power source?

Perhaps a quick visit to an auto electrician will be your best bet?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ideally on with no key in, as this is the way my sound system is in for show purposes.

·
Registered
534 Posts
How about, on the drivers door there'll be a button which is pressed when the door is closed. Find a way to keep the button pressed when the door is open?

This would also eliminate the need for the key yes?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hutchy said:
How about, on the drivers door there'll be a button which is pressed when the door is closed. Find a way to keep the button pressed when the door is open?

This would also eliminate the need for the key yes?
alas no, and this would also turn off my under door lighting...

·
Registered
198 Posts
i know,

put the circuit power in paralell with your sound system power and have it switched.

-------(audio)------
l l
[Switch] l
l l
---[Switch](lights)---
l l
l l
+ -

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no way can I plug in to the same power as the audio, it has the risk of causing interferance and costing points :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts