Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just started to do a few mods to my gen1 fitted leathers seats new dvd player now onto the alloys do i go for the 15" or 17" cant decide ;) there same style as philshort_live?(sorry if i got that wrong) league midas any ideas would much appreciated .

cheers

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
17's if you dont mind the ride quality dropping a little (and the price of tyres going up a little)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ride is not great as it is, mis-fire so ride quality will get better once that is sorted ,price not to fussed its well worth it for the look :D thanks

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Id go 15", but thats for performance reasons, as bigger rims = higher speed but less acceleration, smaller rims = better acceleration but lower top speed. I plan to lower it at some point, and I don't think 15s look that small, won't go smaller though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
eggcatcher said:
Id go 15", but thats for performance reasons, as bigger rims = higher speed but less acceleration, smaller rims = better acceleration but lower top speed. I plan to lower it at some point, and I don't think 15s look that small, won't go smaller though.
As long as you use the correct thinner profile tyres on larger wheels though mate, it keeps the overall wheel size pretty much the same, plus the speedo still reads correctly ............

I'd go for 17's norbs, as said they fill the arches better (would rather see metal than rubber personally! :D )

18's look awesome but you will more than likely experience some 'rubbing', especially if you intend lowering it in the future.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
muan said:
eggcatcher said:
As long as you use the correct thinner profile tyres on larger wheels though mate, it keeps the overall wheel size pretty much the same, plus the speedo still reads correctly ............

I'd go for 17's norbs, as said they fill the arches better (would rather see metal than rubber personally! :D )

18's look awesome but you will more than likely experience some 'rubbing', especially if you intend lowering it in the future.
Ive sprayed my 15s black anyway, so its not that easy to see whats rim and whats tyre.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Adrian said:
muan said:
Do 18's actually fit the car?? Any pics?
They may fit, but may look to big, and by the time the cars dropped onto them it'll probably rub alot.
I've got 15s, and its been dropped onto them, yet had no rubbing, you may get low profile 16s/17s with same total diameter.
Any bigger than what the car was designed for will have a negative effect on handling and ride comfort.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
The problem with 18's when i looked and emailed around, is that a lot of them are actually too wide...
So its not the actually diameter of the wheel, but the depth.

Also if you did get 18's to fit, without lowering the car IMO it would raise the car too much off the ground and just look silly. Just my opinion though...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts