Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've aquired a set of gen 1 headlights and want to do something with them to make my car look a bit more unique. so tadlocking is an option, there's no need for all that silver in a projector headlight. I'm also thinking of adding strobes for the shows..

but what else do you think I should be doing to these if I'm gonna be cracking them open anyway?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
angel eyes look amazing on the gen1 dude although that being said they have been done to death on ALOT of other cars so you could go the led route like i have which looks good but again is starting to reach the point of oh look another car with audi lights...

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
spray the internals black & add angel eye rings?

thats my plan with my spare set when i get the chance and the balls to try it.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I dont fancy audi strips because well it's been done to death, however I was considering a under the drivers side lamp over the passenger side.. I dunno

Angel eyes, good but it's an additional purchase which I would like to avoid at this time.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
I had toyed with the idea of using black vinyl to make the lights look like moriettis, but decided they would end up looking like a Gen2. Whilst I've nothing against Gen2 lights, making Gen1 lights look like a Gen2 would just be silly.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
l.e.d indicators look good and angel eyes always classy.or do away with indicators and fit the shark racing angel eyes and indicators maybe for a first

·
Registered
596 Posts
I don't know if this would work, or if it's legal but:
Why not do away with the indicators, then fit angel eyes and wire them up to work as the indicators?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Easy, go the range rover 2010 route, 5x 3mm white leds. Its like an angel eye but not quite.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I did Ash's a bit Audi style and they look great, you can get the led strip in orange too so the effect could be carried on into the indicators, there's not a lot of room in the lights to do a great deal though.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Im thinking black the lights and then for the shows some green leds strategically arranged to look sort of angel eyed but with an ingenious twist to them??

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Does the silver need to be inside for reflective reasons?
Crack the open, paint the insides black, looks like Puma lights.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
When you take the aprat mate the big silver bit at the front seperates paint that but leave the reflective parts around the side lights.
see if that helps any?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Dude where I live the houses like 2 doors down are still being built so I wash it and within 20 minutes there's a fine layer of dust covering it! Absolute waste of time! (Goes to find bucket and sponge whilst hiding embarrasment)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts