Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I really want to plug my ipod into my clarion gen 3 head unit. I've tried getting it out to see if it has a auxiliary input in the back but it doesn't seem to want to come out. So i was wondering if anybody new if there was a input before i try to get it out again. if not i think ill just buy a new head unit with a auxiliary input in the front.

all help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
dont think there is mate

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
dont buy a cage just use the same fittings that hold the clarion in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Radio keys won't help. Normally you need to remove the silver surround and then use a screw driver to remove 4 screws. Remove the unit and disconnect the two adaptors each side. Put them on the new unit and install...

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is an aux input on my clarion in my gen 3 cos that's how my iPod cable is hooked up to the stereo had to take the whole facia off tho in order to thread the cables though bit of a pain but my cable is now comes out in the ashtray so I can put it away when I don't need it!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
P.S....

Dont go to halfords... I would go there to look at the head units to see what you like the best in terms of sound etc.. but I wouldnt buy from halfords.. Theres better deals online. Alot cheaper as well online and other smaller deals - you can get them down a bit... especially if you upgrade a couple speakers as well ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts