Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing people say your looking at £3500 for a gen 3 and well as my baby is getting on, I'm thinking I may be able to scrape together that in not so long a time.. but then I go onto autotrader and ebay and can't seem to spot them..

So can you really get a Gen 3 which isn't knackered and has sensable miles (70k or less) for £3500 or less? or have the prices gone up?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
there's a 2.7v6 with 97,000 miles on pistonheads on an 02 plate for 1995

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt think of piston heads.. hmm, I guess I should start saving and not give it up as a bad joke, not sure if I could deal with a red car though.. I know I would end up stickering it up, but I would prefer something really dark or white. maybe yellow.. I like the gen 3 in yellow

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
no red car..........you need help

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
A dark Burgundy red is the best colour, and a bit rarer.
Piston heads is where I saw the cheapest Gen3s, but be prepared to travel for a bargain.
Round my way someone wants £2700 for a 1.6 Gen1, guess what, after 8 months its still for sale.

·
Registered
734 Posts
When I was looking to buy, back in march, I saw at least two V6s with around 50-60k miles for £3500. Black and silver, on autotrader.

Car prices must be recovering

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Recovering? Ive noticed the price of Gen1s creep up all through the recession, I think people aint got the money for overpriced European alternatives, which are no better, so they going for the cheaper option, which has put demand up, so up goes prices. I've just put the value of mine up when I reinsured

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got my Gen 3 for under 3k off AE. It,s got 113k motorway miles on it and its still tight as drum. The main reason I bought it was it was well looked after with fHsh, all documented bills. The colour is carbon blue( I think!), & I think its a stunner. There are a couple of things that need looking at but nothing serious.
If looking for any car check service history & any receipts; if all checks out high miles shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
i keep seeing them now for 2 grand

·
Registered
36 Posts
On Autotrader: £3300 gets you a Silver 03 with 73k
£3450 Silver 03 with 68k
£3495 Blue 53 with 60k
£3500 Black 03 with 45k

All 2.0 litres

They've got some 2.7's, but they've done about 80k.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yep, I went down the high mileage route too. Got a 3 year old 56 plate 2.0l Atlantic (cruise, climate, 6-cd changer), with 60'000 on the clock for over £2k less than an equivalent car with 'average' mileage. Yes, it's got a few stone chips and the alloys need a refurb, but the interior is 100% immaculate - even the leather seats don't have a single mark or rip.

Not only that, the previous owner had it serviced every 6 months, and it runs like new.

If you're not going to be doing many miles, as I'm not, there's a lot to be said for picking up a high miler - in time the miles average out and you take less of a hit on depreciation. And you're still left with a young, excellent condition beautiful car with loads of kit!

·
Registered
384 Posts
bought mine last month, feel like I got a bargain, 2004 V6 on 42k, full history, 6 month tax, 12 month MOT... £3950 :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts