Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A day after buying my car my engine light came on, I, naturally after shelling out x thousands of pounds and never having an engine light on previous cars, crapped a brick and got the recovery service out to take the car home. Quick ecu reset later and the light's no longer there and it's not been on since.

So I'm none the wiser as to what the fault was, was it serious, was it something silly that I could have drove the car normally, I guess it was nothing else the light would have come back, I dunno.

Now the car's got lots of little hideyholes for which to put things and I was thinking, well little toolbox, but then I thought will a cheap odb scanner help me out if the engine management light comes on again? I know it's not going to be as detailed as hy-scan, but with a fault code and google on my mobile phone, surely I can be more informed.

A Quick ebay brought up this
[ebay]170418550928[/ebay]

£40 is not a lot for peice of mind but will it really do me any good? will it even fit? are there better solutions out there?

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Ask Sharky where he got his from, it seemed to know anything he asked it.
Usualy a fault light on means theres a fault with the fault sensor! One of our company trucks does that, and its been back so many times, all they say is they the fault sensor is knackered. As our bosses are too tight to replace the sensor we'll have a major prob that we'll dismiss as sensor error!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts