Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst I appreciate that more information is good, I find myself more and more getting lost when trying to navigate around the forums. The only ones I really look at are the "Questions about your Coupe" pages, and sometimes I end up in odd sub-sections not really knowing where I am.

Anyone else, or am I just being tarded? Just seems to me like a few could be consolidated so you'd have fewer sections but with more posts within them. Also makes it easier to find what you're looking for.

O.

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe it's just the way I use the forum - I think what seems odd to me is that to me it feels that the technical side (brakes, engines etc) are second to meets, competitions and other things. Don't get me wrong I've got nothing against that but I would expect on the main page to see:

Engine
Internal
External

As the entire site is dedicated to questions about coupe's, it seems odd to have a section called "Questions about your Coupe" which you have to go *through* in order to get to the subsections - because of that I think a lot of questions end up being in the wrong places - there are questions posted in the "General Coupe Discussion" forum that would be better placed in the relevant "Questions about..." section - I think this happens because there are so many different forums from the front page that you wouldn't necessarily know what subsections are behind each one.

I'm waffling I know, just trying to explain badly ;)

If I was a newbie, I'd come to the site with, say, a question about my clutch. Front page - there isn't a topic there that really jumps out to me as being the correct one to post in.

Detailing and Washing could be under the umbrella of "External", for example. "Car Audio" would be under "Internal", etc etc.

I don't know if this makes any sense or not.

I really like these forums, the information here is good, thorough and accurate but it feels a little as if the front page is being watered down to the point where I'm struggling to find old posts.

Just a thought, not a dig ;)

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
thoughts are always welcome...

I'll see what I can do :)

but dont be blaming me cause you cant find things once I've shuffled things about.

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha! That's exactly what I'll be doing ;)

Having a look again I had a thought - it would almost make more sense if the front page didn't show the "sub sections" or whatever PHPBB call them, so the front page had "Welcome to the UKHCC Forums", "Competitions", "Questions about your Coupe" etc, you then had to go INTO those sections first...

Or something else waffling and meaningless.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
looking better?

i think I might look into a show/hide system so you can pick which sections to expand and these saved to your profile?

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooh yes I like that, small change but means that when you first hit the page you're presented with the most commonly used options.

Good stuff.

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What?! I can't find any of my posts now! ;)

I'm funny.

Yeah mate looks really good, although I'm a little concerned that everyone will get home from work, hate the new layout and lynch me. Hope you took a backup ;)

No mate looks a lot better in my opinion. *Pats head*.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
iv been saying this for a bit so its not just you

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
I've been adding new stuff very quickly, sometimes I forget to go back and see how it's all holding together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.