Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note to say if anyone is thinking of trading an S111 prices have increased in the trade books by nearly £1000 over the last 6 months so don't let dealers rip you off.
These are rare cars due to the Credit Crunch offering exclusivity on the road if anyone wants an accurate trade or retail price message me I have years of experience as an Auto Auctioneer and would be pleased to help

Windy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good news for those of us ready to trade in but can you offer an explanation as to why this might have happened. I thought that with scrappage, discounts and the credit crunch, the prices of second hand S111's would be pretty low.
I bought mine in 2007 before the crunch and scrappage and obtained a £3000 discount, so I anticipated a fairly low second hand value right from the word go. Fortunately I'm in for the long haul and this won't affect me for a few years yet.
Uncle Buck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
How you doing
The point is you have to think what the scrappage is really doing, firstly you have the person with a 10 year old car who cannot afford a new one these people wil never change and have no effect on the market.
Then there is the person who kept their car for 10 years and will take up the offer, problem there is that they will not come back to the market for another 10 years, al this means that when the scrapage scheme runs out of money and I think its currently half way through the car market could well collapse if we do not start an overall recovery , but more importantly for us during all this there becomes a shortage of good used 2nd hand stock which immediately increases value. I am like you I bought my car at its lowest point last December giving 8k for a late 2007 8000 mile s3 changed the badges to Tuscani and I have more exclusivity than driving a ferrari but I could now pay up to 2k more for the same car from a dealer.
As for private sales they are so confused I watched a grey s3 2007 on ebay sell for 8750 last week but a beautiful blue one yesterday only went for 7700 although needless to say it sold to a dealer.
Still more important than this is why would you want to sel such a Beautiful car.
Kind Regards
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts