Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The members who also frequent UKHCS will see I posted this over there, but for those who don't here is the current situation:

NGM will offer us a group buy (3 or more) of the Stage IV Intake Manifold: by far the best I.M for the V6 coupe, as it is not just a bigger bore upper manifold, but also a ported LOWER manifold that others don't include.
Once CAI/SRI intake, headers and cat back exhausts are added to the V6 then the big restriction is still in the I.M, the NGM Stage IV resolves this issue (the flat spot from 5000rpm+) which they claim adds up to 24BHP AT THE WHEELS up to redline - a figure that may require a decent remap, and only if used on stock (i.e. mods do not all stack, what adds 24bhp on a stock engine may only be adding half that when coupled with other mods but still well worth it!)

Now the price!

NGM ask for $1350USD for US customers, after an inquiry of a group buy they will come down to $1200USD, or $1150USD if we want them either not powdercoated, or all done in the same colour (I would suggest black or silver as they're neutral for everyone and still cost no extra)
This is plus shipping however. They say they use UPS international shipping, they didn't include the price but then it will depend on the order size as they will most likely be grouped, so the more orders we put in the less each person will pay for shipping.

Therefore you will be looking at roughly £800-850GBP delivered, depending on order size and conversion rates.
I have told them we will probably need to give it til the new year as noone will be able really to justify a big spend so close to Christmas, but we can call it a late Christmas/New Year present to ourselves, and give us a couple months to save, but I would appreciate interest soon-ish so they don't get bored and call off the idea of a group buy.

NOTE: this does not include any discounts for sending back the stock lower part of the intake manifolds as American customers get - as after shipping it will most likely be negligible. However I'm sure if we get a decent order size, and group all our stock lowers together we could send them back for a decent few pennies (maybe £50+) back.

Feel free to send me a PM for any further info but I will update here and on UKHCS when more information is available.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scooterboy 67 said:
can you get me a link to check the kit out i may be interested
http://ngmhouseofpower.com/product_info.php?products_id=124

It's expensive... if we got 3 people interested enough then it would cost around £830-850 and we would need 3 people 100% committed, without the group buy it would cost closer to £1k so they are being generous. I've signed off from the Army and signing back on / transferring to the R.A.F. If I get the transfer or leave and sign back successfully I'm 100%, if you are then we will need one other lol.

It is expensive, yes, It's well over double the A.M Intake Manifold sold on P.C. but users on newtib (where modding is a much bigger scene) have reported that the A.M one actually loses power, where the NGm Stage IV gives a noticeable increase, and allows the engine to rev up to redline... where (I'm sure you will have already noticed) the current intake manifold gives a huge flat spot around 5000RPM onwards. If I want to pull away quickly then I know I need to change up at 5000RPM where if the engine (at current power levels) were to rev up to 6500RPM without plateau'ing the V6 would be much quicker as you could stay in gear for longer.
Therefore you will not only reach peak without tailing off the power, but increase the power all the way up.

The price offered $1200 U.S.Dollars plus shipping is based on each individual wanting a different colour powdercoat as you can choose any colour you want. If we choose one colour for all 3, or not powdercoated at all this drops to $1150 U.S.Dollars.
This is based on not sending back our stock lower intake manifolds (a $150 refund for U.S customers, if we grouped together we could easily send back for at least £100 rebate that could be shared, or spent on bubbly to toast to the only 3 people in the U.K with the NGM Stage IV, which isn't even too common in the U.S).

Let me know. ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
at current conversion rates its £750.00
cant afford one at the moment but im gona start saving
i need a good exhaust manifold and sports cat or cat bypass as well
i would want my manifold in electric blue powder coating but we can allways have them powder coated here in uk im definately up for getting one but will be 3-4 month before ive got enough money

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scooterboy 67 said:
at current conversion rates its £750.00
cant afford one at the moment but im gona start saving
i need a good exhaust manifold and sports cat or cat bypass as well
i would want my manifold in electric blue powder coating but we can allways have them powder coated here in uk im definately up for getting one but will be 3-4 month before ive got enough money
Don't worry mate I doubt most people have that kind of money aside for one mod lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.