Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Urgh...

I've had a rattle for a while now, not knowing what it is.

I realised yesterday that I have exhaust gasses escaping from the front of the cat at high pressure, causing the horrible sound.

I take it that means my cat is FUBAR? How much? :(
Or how much for a full exhaust, after a quick look its got pretty rust all over it :(

Also, I took a look under the car after a long motorway drive, and noticed a fast drip of fluid - coming from just to the left of the cat.
This one has me confused as it seems too far back in the car to be coolant. I guess it could be brake fluid (possibly the cause of the intermittent ABS light) however after a little sniff and taste, it does seem to just be water... So i'm very confused.

·
Registered
596 Posts
pg03ben said:
Also, I took a look under the car after a long motorway drive, and noticed a fast drip of fluid - coming from just to the left of the cat.
This one has me confused as it seems too far back in the car to be coolant. I guess it could be brake fluid (possibly the cause of the intermittent ABS light) however after a little sniff and taste, it does seem to just be water... So i'm very confused.
Did you have your air-con on?
Probably the air-con heat exchanger draining down the condensation.
Alongside the cat sounds about the right place for the drain hose.
I noticed my Gen3 left a puddle yesterday, roughly in line with the door mirrors.

Hope this helps more than it confuses.

Graeme

·
Registered
198 Posts
well it does give you and excuse to

uprate your exhaust system :) my advice is to go to a friendly garage

ask them how much fitting and purchasing a cat then post it up on here so we can disscuss

1 - 3 of 3 Posts