Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
hiya mate

leather seats can be a pain in the arse and everybody has different ideas on products.personally i think leather seats are a pain,especially hyundai ones.the fact is the leather is very poor quality compared to alot of other makes(obviously to save money)

now you dont want anything slippy like armor all cos you'll just slide all round everywhere.so id use autoglym leather cleaner,give em a good wipe,and then autoglym leather cream.just wipe on then buff off after a little while.really improves the look,also do your steering wheel with it helps stop it wearing-my gen3 was showing wear at 40,000

this is a good general tip for everyone-keep your leather cleaned and fed!

·
Registered
20 Posts
KEN1950 said:
:D how do i clean my leather seat to look like new
I have just started using Autosol Leather Cleaner and must say I am very impressed with results.
It is more of a gel than a spray on and IMO has brought my leather back to life.
Its German made and at £5.00 I thought i'd give it a blast and the results are a definate new depth of colour.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Once you've cleaned them I'd recommend giving them an occasional going over with Autoglym Leather Care Cream. It has a mild cleaning action and, more importantly, keeps the leather replenished with the necessary oils to make it last.

Mathew

·
Registered
33 Posts
MJNewton said:
Once you've cleaned them I'd recommend giving them an occasional going over with Autoglym Leather Care Cream. It has a mild cleaning action and, more importantly, keeps the leather replenished with the necessary oils to make it last.

Mathew
yes id recommend the Autoglym leather cream...it really brings the leather to life, making the colour much deeper and to me if felt softer to the touch. Very impressed

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
thedupleman said:
hiya mate

leather seats can be a pain in the arse and everybody has different ideas on products.personally i think leather seats are a pain,especially hyundai ones.the fact is the leather is very poor quality compared to alot of other makes(obviously to save money)

now you dont want anything slippy like armor all cos you'll just slide all round everywhere.so id use autoglym leather cleaner,give em a good wipe,and then autoglym leather cream.just wipe on then buff off after a little while.really improves the look,also do your steering wheel with it helps stop it wearing-my gen3 was showing wear at 40,000

this is a good general tip for everyone-keep your leather cleaned and fed!
I can vouch for this! i have used it and its great! they look way better after wards. Used Meguires stuff be4 and it was too much effort and not a great result which was suprising. Get the Auto Glym stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts