·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sorry im going to buck the trend i really like that car

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
it's growing on me, I would like to see the colour range they release (the siii is a bit hit and miss for me dependant on the colour)

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hyundai not very good on uk colours im afraid

·
Registered
461 Posts
looks like something alpha romeo would build
i think its great
lets hope they will give us an option with real power
& a powerfull diesel too

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Its ok, for a small coupe, but that market died when the Pumas/Tigras stopped a few years ago, only realy got that silly little Alfa as competition. With Hyundais speciality of making engines less powerful than they should, lets hope they don't put a 1.4 in it, there 1.4 won't see off other people 1Ls.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
dont ever say alfas are silly, they are legendary!! the 1.4 mightnt be too bad if they use the Kia lump, its got more power then the current 1.6! i would need to see it in the flesh but i doubt my savings fund will divert away from the Genesis Coup...dammit Coupe!!!haha

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Alfas are nice, but the Mito is a Fiat500 with an Alfa badge (and the price rise), and its silly, and an embarressment to the Alfa name.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I quite like it...

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
eggcatcher said:
Alfas are nice, but the Mito is a Fiat500 with an Alfa badge (and the price rise), and its silly, and an embarressment to the Alfa name.
Ill give u that one. The MiTo is woeful looking. The 147 replacement is stunning and so is the "169". wish they stuck with the numbers instead of names

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't much like the Veloster. Hyundai have just jumped on the hatchback wagon and I'm sick of hatchbacks. Also the Veloster is ugly from the back or side. If its supposed to be a Scirocco beater I know which I would buy. The Scirocco is far a better looking car. Its so sad really when the old Hyundai Coupe is far better looking than the current Scirocco. I wish they would bring the Genesis to the UK as at least that is a proper coupe shape and the 2l turbo would be great. Although knowing rip-off britain they would be looking for nearly £30,000 for that when it goes for around $20,000 in the USA.

·
Registered
521 Posts
make your minds up lads lol. i still dont like it, it aint growing on me yet im more a fan of the genesis coupe, now thats one great piece off kit. sorry all

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
eggcatcher said:
All new Alfas are an embarrassment to the name.

The MiTo is, far worse than a 500 - a Corsa underneath. I think Fiat used the platform in the Punto too. Bloody GM. The Guilleta is loosely based of the Fiat Doblo. A DOBLO! THAT'S A VAN! The biggest engine they but in it is a 1.75Litre Turbo. That's not right. Where's the V6? Why is it front wheel drive?

Admittedly its saving grace may be that the Lancia Delta is also shares a chassis with that van... Apparently the Guilletas drive like poo though.

Anyway. Getting back on topic The veloster looks crap. I'll never own one, and I hope they all rot. It's another shapeless blob that's been designed in a wind tunnel to improve fuel efficiency. Much like every other new car on the road. Equally it looks a bit too much like a Citroen DS3 for me.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Only one word for it and I'm not allowed to use that word on here, and its not complimentary.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I hope the LHD & RHD models are built at the same plant and the panel picker robot throws a wobbly. That way we may get a run of two door versions by mistake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I might buy a scirocco r version. Great performance, 0-60 under 6 seconds and its not bad looking car. Just depends if the Genesis ever gets here.

·
Super Moderator
2,053 Posts
I think theyre okay, not a great car but it increases Hyundai's range.

a small hatchback with a 1.6l 4-pot is a good move, decent economy sells nowadays, they dont have the powerblocks to compete with the Scirocco R so stick with an economical version and it will sell.
Nothing to do with what looks the best or gives the most power, simply what will sell the most and cost the least... its business.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Chapp said:

a small hatchback with a 1.6l 4-pot is a good move, decent economy sells nowadays, they dont have the powerblocks to compete with the Scirocco R so stick with an economical version and it will sell.
Nothing to do with what looks the best or gives the most power, simply what will sell the most and cost the least... its business.
trouble is that combination means a **** car

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
scout said:
Chapp said:

trouble is that combination means a [rubbish] car
Naughty boy! :)

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Maybe I shouldn't read this thread as it gets me so angry that the HSE and the misguided green tree huggers have got so much influence in the decisions I am allowed to make. No one is allowed to be an indevidual anymore, we all have to conform to what is thought 'best' for us. If the truth be known I don't want a hot hatch version of a standard family waggon, I want a purpose built impractical car that will give me a smile on my face every time I look at it. I know mine has a V6 at the moment, but my next one doesn't even have to be fast, but it does have to look good. Nothing coming out of the design houses at the moment is worth a second look let alone be worth considering as a coupe replacement.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts