Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next mod's are going to be LED related. Watch This topic for updates

UPDATE 1 May 09

I have put LED's in the door pocket, Door handle recess and speaker grill.

Update - 29 July

Finaly done my dials and dash switches.

Update - 15 Aug

Heater controls are now done. Also put some LEDs in the clock which gives it a nice glow. (looks alot better than the pics show)

Update - 09 Oct

My LED project is now 98% complete i have added LEDs in the airvents now :) Pictures don't do it justice camera is really crap :(

Update - 14 Nov

I have now put some more in my boot. Tho from the pictures you can't really tell. The camera just does'nt pick it up.

As you can see below i have put them in the back boot trim piece.

I think this Project has now come to an end. Mainly because i now have run out of LED's :lol But also running out of places to put them.

Update - 25 Apr

Below is some updated pics with my updated dials and heater controls.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) Yeah does look loads better. It doesnt take that long to do the dials. The longest part is doing the switches and heater controls as you have to mess around taking the switches apart and then solder them. Wish id done a DIY for it all now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well done on the lights!! I am doing something similar and would be happy to do a DIY if you have any hints tips!! I will be taking photos throughout so PM me anything you have on doing the heater controls etc and you'll definitely get some credit!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll tell you what i will do. I finish work early tomorrow so if its not raining i will strip out my dash and take loads of pics of the switches etc I will then do a quick walk through how to do it all.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks really good that. Tho i wasnt actually planing on doing anything to the interior light. You may have just convinced me otherwise. :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it hard to get into the speedo cluster, to do the lights? And would it be possible to get like red on one side and blue on the other? Just out of curiosity... I like Green too... Hmmm... Decisions. I have a red car :)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No not at all dead easy just involves taking the dash out but that sounds alot worse than it actually is, They is a DIY for dash removal in the DIY section.

Regards the different lights, i guess you could as you will need x4 501 (wide angle Led) and x2 286 (wide angle)

The 286's do the fuel and temp gauge and the 501's do the speedo and rev counter, so could do a mix and match to get a cool effect.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.