Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well heres a couple of pictures i took the car after a wash. They are a bit out of date now as i have smoked indicaters.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
nice gen1

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Lidl yours is looking very good too from where am sitting,

Yeah it does look good from a distance :lol: Under more close inspection tho it needs abit of work.

I have rust coming through on both rear arches and the sunnroof. the front bumper has the laquer peeling off and a few scratches down the sides from where the yobs cant leave it alone. Tho i have touched these up myself so you cant hardly notice them. Oh and a couple of chips here and there from the carpark's.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, It's quite disheartning really. As i use it everyday i always see them. I dont have the money to put it all right at the minute so it upsets me slightly :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
mines got 133k on the clock, and tbh I'm at the point where I should be saving for a new car, which means stop spending money on this one and letting it get worse.. it's really difficult to see the problems knowing you shouldn't do anything about it.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LiDL said:
mines got 133k on the clock, and tbh I'm at the point where I should be saving for a new car, which means stop spending money on this one and letting it get worse.. it's really difficult to see the problems knowing you shouldn't do anything about it.
Yes very true as soon as them miles start creeping up it all goes down hill. Tho if well looked after you will see 200k out of her. Will you be sticking with a gen1 or looking at getting something newer or even complete different make? Im quite lucky only have 72k on mine so has plenty of life in her yet. (hopefully)

lukewood said:
yum :razz: really nice and shiney. my fav gen too. Have you got any other plans for it?
Cheers Luke, Not after doing anything too major as i have to park her in some real dodgy areas while am at work. So i dont want to bring any unwanted attention to her.

Think my plans going to be, New alloys (same as geordiechris) F2 Evo Front bumper and lowered 30-35mm and spray my head light + fog light internals black/dark gray not sure on color yet. Then custom make some Range Rover 2010 angel eye type things into my head lights.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Saw this car in the flesh going up A1 and its a beauty... nice and shiney. The F2 Evo Spoiler looks great in red.

Im in the same position with mine... Rear Arches are starting to rust on both sides. Maybe the 3 of us could get a local group buy on rust repairs? haha! :lol:

·
Banned
115 Posts
even those few little changes will make a BIG difference. little simple mods work really well with the coupe. good luck with it, put pictures up after everything youve done to reminde youself of the work put into it :) thats what im going to start doing.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Jrp210 said:
Think my plans going to be, New alloys (same as geordiechris) F2 Evo Front bumper and lowered 30-35mm and spray my head light + fog light internals black/dark gray not sure on color yet. Then custom make some Range Rover 2010 angel eye type things into my head lights.
Good choice on the Alloys... ;) and the rest of the mods!!

I've got the same plans for the headlights... Got a spare set, but havnt had the balls to attempt opening them up and spraying them yet. Also got Angel Eye Rings to go in when i do it (or send them to Tatlock :lol: )

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lukewood - totaly agree maybe some time away yet tho as i just have no spare cash, struggling just to put fuel in her :(

Geordie_chris - YES!! think the alloys go perfectly with the gen1. Well i will be buying some spray paint at the end of the month to do mine. If it all goes well you can come up to my workshop aka The Garage and i'll gladly do them for you. (cost you a 2ch amp if you still got it :lol: )

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Jrp210 said:
Geordie_chris - YES!! think the alloys go perfectly with the gen1. Well i will be buying some spray paint at the end of the month to do mine. If it all goes well you can come up to my workshop aka The Garage and i'll gladly do them for you. (cost you a 2ch amp if you still got it :lol: )
Sounds good... You dont happen to want to spray my Shark Wing too?? :lol: :lol:

Totally forgot about the amp, will have a hunt for it tonight mate.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well dont know about the wing, might be abit ambitious that :lol: Tho i did spray my F2 spoiler my self it didnt turn out too bad but does need doing again as it has a few chips in.

No rush for the amp mate when ever you have a spare minute.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts