Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody from kent or london, just dropping by to say Hi!

just wondering if there are any meets, or anything planned! i think i saw that Erhan is from my area Bexleyheath! that wicked! :D

anybody else from nearby, anything going on anytime soon!?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers black zen! portsmouth sounds different, always wanted to make a trip down! appreciate the info, i shall go check it out now...actually i have seen the map, but it took slighly long to load when i tried to view it and re-view it. meh, must be my connection!

maybe see you sometime in the near future.

p.s nice car :D

do you have tinted windows on it now...im not sure what to go for defo not limo....i was thinking 30& back 3, and has to be 70% front....what do you think? i reckon all the windows blend in this way..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks mate...but id rather get them all done...so ill probably pay a visit to a place in Ilford, brilliant prices, and the guy is well known...got my astra tinted there previously for around a £100, and if there is a scratch, or any problems its got lifetime guarantee on it, so you just go back and see him to sort it out.

ill post something out soon anyway once ive got mine done,and have spoken to him about any discounts etc for members (he also fits HID kits, audio systems,tints lights, just a few of his specialities)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha, yes mate! im near danson park! been here for 15 years, so i know the area pretty well! where abouts are you?

(btw have u seen a bright red t badged coupe in and around bexleyheath, looks quite nice, was wondering if that person might be a UKHCC member)

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
There was a Kent meet back in August, Coupe Moe handles that part of the region, we're joint Southeast area reps-but are opposite ends so I handle Norfolk/Suffolk, he does kent, and we share essex.

With Xmas and the weather/light turning on us the meets will slow up a bit now, but will get another 1 next year as we have plenty of interest from down there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eggcatcher said:
With Xmas and the weather/light turning on us the meets will slow up a bit now, but will get another 1 next year as we have plenty of interest from down there.
thats true..but i predict end of january to beginning of feb to be the coldest/most icey and most snow!!

ah well, wherever theres a will, theres a way..should be interesting, ill keep a look out for both meets, im sure if few of the guys from this way fancy a norfolk meet, we could cruise there together :cool:

cheers for info eggcatcher!

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
I tried one in essex in the summer and no-one shew.
We had one in February this year, as I had to go to Sunderland for Vinyl, and Scooterboy had to go see family in Durham, so Lidl dragged the locals out for a meet, but usually they don't realy get going until late March/early April time.

For the region next year I'm planning one in Cambridgeshire, and another Kent meet.
Leave Essex as the no show has put me off doing anythingthere until we get some regular reliable members.
Theres nothing to stop you having smaller regular meets, even just 2 cars, amongst the very local area, it'll grow from there as you get to know each other then when a bigger meets called you'll find yoor little groups all going to go together, whereas they're less likely to go on their own. We started ones on the Suffolk coast, usually around Ipswich, with myself, my wife (also got a Coupe), CidneyR and Beast_69, now had 3 meets in 4 months, got a 5th car to the last one, hoping it'l continue to grow.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Hahahhha... i live on same road of king garage and quick fit in Welling, you might see my SIII in black i have a shark on the filler cap and a square plate number ( 57 ) and it's T badged. I always drive around Bexleyheath and Welling and Orpington, I work in Brasted, Sevenoaks. I saw a coupe last night he or she was driving around Bexleyheath, I think the coupe has a 54 plate number and it's really bright red. Also in our area there are lots of coupe owners some of them might be UKHCC members, some of them might be UKHCF members.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha! your local man! i dont get to drive mine to work, as its in london, i want to try and get something where i get to drive lol.....i will look at for yours, i was driving through bexleyheath yesterday but didnt see anyone :( ... the shark on fuel tank seriously rings a bell, as i think ive seen it in bexleyheath, near best kebab, or around the bmw shop/garage, hmm!

but that grill/sheesha place on the broadway looked packed out last night, thats all i can say! lol....

and i think you are talkin about the same bright red coupe ive seen!, looks nice actually.

btw, is your coupe manual or auto? do you find it a bit bumpy, as the ride in mine is sort of, but has to be expected in such a low car. oh, and if u see a black T-badged coupe, with reg KS55... then thats me! lol

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
probably you right because most of time i am in bexleyheath and my ride is manual and really enjoyed to drive really comfortable also its my second coupe really enjoyed i have angry shark decal on my filler cap and its fit really perfect and i think it better then silver fuel cap and ring i think you talking about THE ZINGARA restaurant bar they do sheesha and they always busy..even we celebrate my birthday there and really like it
yeah i will look for your coupe i think we must meet some times in danson park or asda or morrisons car park or if any local events come then we can convoy to go there what do u think ?
i am going to wash my baby now probably take it to car wash place after will have a ride to bexleyheath then will come home lol... :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeh, and i think ive seen it, parked in welling, near the tyre shop, where there is a CLC compressor! pretty sure its urs, as i saw the angry shark decal, and now remember it! its a subtle but unique touch! and that Zingara restaurant is good! Im always up for a sheesha (if you smoke sheesha that is), so we might have to go one day, since ive never been to that place!

where do you take yur car for a wash?! there is a really good place in northumbeerland heath, erith, on dual carrigeway (you see loads of nice cars there, bentleys inc, you name it). Im always careful to go to places where they drop the same cloths they wash ur car with onthe ground, which picks up dirt and small stones/debris, only to find that you now have circles of scratches on your paintwork!

and we should defo meet one day, maybe next weekend, id lke to see what the SIII are like! and if there are any events, definitely be better to go up there at the same time and check them out! have you been to any meets yet?

btw, where are you getting your car washed?!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
i am afraid not yet... i trying to go one meeting which one coupe_mo organized but my mrs getting ill and i couldn't go...but we can go some meeting in future

of course we can meet next week then u can see my SIII i think i seen your coupe too... you live at danson road right ? because i've seen a coupe there in the black colour
yeah we can meet at THE ZINGARA to be honest i'd like the shesha with cappuchino flavour its my favorite
looking forward for next week i think i am not going to wash my car today cause of weather :(

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
i only know 2 place to wash car i normally wash my car in Black Fen you might know before traffic light on the right i think has a pub there as well yeah they not to bed another place i take my car in SunDridge village after work fridays.there have a big supermarket with huge car park, car wash place in there too and most of time i wash by my self to save money and i think its best option because after washing car i always polished my car and really enjoyed washing car but today little a bit cold so i'll wash next week of course if weather nice i would like to try the place you say they might be good right lets see if weather nice i'll go there next week after work

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Erhan you are right! i live on danson road haha....yeh its the black coupe just a few houses around the corner! lol black is good until the stone chips start increasing! ahh! but who knows maybe we will give our cars a proper good polish somewhere, sinc ei prefer to do it myself, so i know that every bit is done properly, and then give it a good wax/t-cut!

All i want to do with my coupe is tint it, dark smoked, and get HID's fitted, as visibility is poor with the standard bulbs! all this should cost me £200, from a proper garage dedicated to these type of jobs, they are well known!

what about yourself? any plans for your coupe, any subtle mods you have done already?

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
i have change music system; JVC cd player ,12'' KENWOOD sub. and amp. and shark decal thats all what i've done....lol...i want tint it with light black and might power flow exhaust system and performance filter, to be honest i'd like the high spoiler like TSIII style.
but only problem Hyundai lose value so quick because 11 monts ago i bought my car for £ 11688 now value is £ 6538 :( so to be honest i don't want spend much money when car gonna lose this much value
( the reason i say HYUNDAI because i,ve own two car and both of them is Hyundai coupe... :) l think they must stop doing coupe any more like Subaru and Mitsubishi Evo. and they still so pricey because they are don't make any more same model. what do u think hyundai must stop make coupes or not? <- :?: :arrow:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi Erhan! hows it going mate! sorry not been able to reply for while as internet been done and been so busy hadnt had a chance to fix it till earlier!

thats good, you dont wnat the car to look racer boy-ish, just some simple mods that makes it stand out....i know what you mean about them not holding their value, but they are definitely picking up the pace in the sports car industry with the genesis coupe, which i think is amazing, especially SFR's version on youtube! niceeee

i dont know if they should stop making coupes, i think the genesis coupe is good, and we should expect much more to come from hyundai in the near future, especially since their presence is becoming known through their reliability/ warranty and good looks...just performance is lacking to be fair.

so when we meeting mate haha....im free this weekend, will be out and about, so let me know where you are at and we can have a lil chat! what do you think!?

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
hello mate everything is fine i am at home watching some documentary about sea life lol ... to be honest haven't got anything to do. why not we can meet some where , like danson park or if u prefer some where else what do u think today or tomorrow then we can discus about car ....ok mate i'll have lunch then i might go to black fen to wash my car today nice weather where shell we meet ? nearest place Danson park lol....... what do u think ?

1 - 20 of 153 Posts