Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there all

has anyone done or know anything about removing the mass air flow meter on the gen 3.5 and changing it to map (manifold absolute pressure)?
have heard that by removing it i should gain more air into the plenum chamber thus a slight increase in power!

any advice on this would be really helpful!

cheers :D

·
Banned
169 Posts
Have to admit I've never heard of anyone doing it myself, but I'm sure someone will correct me.

If you do decide to change the air meter just make sure it's done properly - all manner or issues seem to end up being sensor problems, so for a very small gain in power you don't want to be causing yourself bigger issues.

It could also affect your warranty, but that's obviously dependant on many other things. The car still being in warranty is just one of them!

Personally I wouldn't have thought it'd make any difference to power, but keep us updated!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input, the warranty runs out in a few months and from what i've done so far if they saw the car i'd be lucky to get anything free from them! lol

have been looking into this system and from what i've seen the maf becomes obsolete and can be removed to allow for better air flow into the plenum chamber thus giving slight increased power.

am basically looking to see if anyone has fitted one of these yet to see what the setting up side of things is like??

here is a link of the unit i've found for anyone who might be interested in going down the same route!

http://ngmhouseofpower.com/product_info ... cts_id=209

they do lots of other bits and pieces for the coupes for those of us who are into trying to get a little bit more torque! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
im very interested in seeing how this goes,

im nto a fan of piggy backs but i do have some fuealing issues my self

1 - 5 of 5 Posts