1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
obx are a budget make but should be ok.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
someone with a gen1 will have a better idea.ashgen or eggcatcher-aka the chuckle brothers

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
ok you will need to replace both, you can go for sports cat and stainless manifold but make sure you do get a manifold and not a decat else you'll fail mots

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
you'll find the ones with real cats or sports cats are more expensive, you have to be careful on ebay as there are a few sellers who say "sports cat" which is actually a decat, which is illegal for street use, as you will fail emissions tests at mot (and vosa spot checks, which are coming more common)

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
The OBX one has no cat, Ive just brought one for mine, a universal sports cat can be brought for around £100 on ebay, but will need welding. Jdrides do it as one set, but you pay an extra £45 to have it come in a bow togeather, and you wait 5 weeks (Ive just found out the hard way), to find out its just an OBX header and universal cat that still needs welding on.
XS-power do manifolds for similar price, but they're cat comes with the centre section, so will have to buy the whole lot from mainfold to backbox.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
could i just buy the one on ebay but just put the manifold on would it still line up the cat section??

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
add88 said:
could i just buy the one on ebay but just put the manifold on would it still line up the cat section??
The OBX mainfold will line straight up, without the cat. The Hyundai fitted cat is located immediately after the current manifold leaves the engine, its that big bit of metal sat vertically between the engine block and the radiators at the front of the bonnet area. This can be placed anywhere along the exhaust system, if you do go for the OBX header you will have to move it, as its a 4-2-1 manifold with pipe that don't meet up until it hits the bend at the bottom, whereas the hyunda 4-1 manifold pipes meets immediately.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
add88 said:
so you wouldnt recomend me buyin it??
I would, but it'll require some fitting, however it will gain you a bit more power typically around 10-15 bhp. I've just got one for mine, not fitted yet though.
If you just want a straight easy fit then replace it with a standard Hyundai one, but you'll gain nothing, F2 evo has magnex exhaust so replacing with a normal hyundai coupe one may even detune (I'm not 100% sure where they changed it on F2 evo).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts