Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car seems abit rubbish compared to some of the one's on here lol got some work todo on mine i think.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
The Gen 1 is a beautiful car without mods, don't feel you have to mod the car to "keep up".

That said there are plenty of cheap mods that do add to the car :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
agreed the gen1 is sexy as it is. Please dont feel anyone on the site will mock you for not having any mods etc.. Although as LiDL says there are pleanty of mods you can do and if you need any advice, recommendations etc then were all happy to help :D

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
thats correct guys cos your just never gonna have a better car than a gen3 :lol: :lol: i know i know no gen wars :mrgreen:
i love the gen1.i think its one of the nicest cars on the road from the front.i like lidl and ash's front bumper cos i think it does the cars justice but its a fine looking car without some crap bodykit stuck on.alot of the problem is people do feel the need to "keep up" and that leads to cheap modding which is unsatisfactory in the long run

·
Banned
115 Posts
gen 1's rule with or without mods. but if your up for modding it, id suggest small mods to start with unless you want to go all out mentle. maybe change the wheels, 17s seem to really suit the coupe. just touch up any little bits that need it. and add an induction kit to help the engine breath a tad better :D gives it a bit of a grunt too.

imo one of the high level spoilers would make it look awsome too

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
thedupleman said:
thats correct guys cos your just never gonna have a better car than a gen3 :lol: :lol: i know i know no gen wars :mrgreen:
Isn't that an offence where moderator position is taken from him? :D
A bit of time and effort, and you can transform a gen1 on a tight budget, look up Ash's tailight mod on here or Ash's engine bay pics, or many people sprayed interior parts. I'm in the middle of something that'll hopefully be pictured on here soon. Even little things can make a lot off difference, like changine orange sidelights for either black of silver. Universal ones are only around £20 from Demon Tweeks, and you can choose from lots of different shapes. I've put a bit of cash into the engine, but for styling I've totalled less than £200, and half that was the Lexus lights. Take your time, use some imagination, and you can make big changes.

·
Banned
115 Posts
engine looks reasonably clean :)

if you want to use the boot a little more, id suggest getting a twin sub enclosure instead of 2 single ones. it would look cool too cos then people could see what subs you got. but thats just my oppinion.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
I had the same set-up on the filter as you, you'll find you gets lots of heatsoak as the air aroung the filter is hot, as its circulated around the engine before going into the filter. Look at Ash's engine bay, he's using flexible pipes to feed it with cold air, a set-up i'm in the middle of getting sorted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts