Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering how many miles to the full tank other owners are getting out of their coupes :?:

The most ive done is about 410 all motorway miles, with one eye on the road and one eye on the mpg dial.

my car is a gen 3.5 with a k&n replacement filter with the snorkus mod.

would be really interested to know any other figures, especially for the gen 3.5 :)

Cheers :D

* Moved from "Pics of your car" ;) *

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've got a Gen 3 2.0l manual. 45K on the clock no mods except Tuscani badges.
I work on MPG rther than miles per tank.
Around town, to work and back etc. I get 28 - 30 mpg.
I've only done one really long run but then I got 38 mpg at an 'enthusiastic' 70mph
Overall I'm averaging 32mpg.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Ive got a 2.0 gen1, usually get around 29mpg around town using super unleaded, 26 with normal, traveling to work etc, just done Lowestoft to Rockingham and back, around 340 miles, still had about 1/5 of a tank left, and worked it out at 34 mpg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm getting around 30mpg around town in my Siii but I did manage a trip to Brighton and back at about 38/39mpg. Got it on the motorway and hit the cruise control. These are figures I can only dream about in my Rex8. :(

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Gen1: General rule of thumb for mine is I'll get 300miles per tank and extra is a bonus, I can normally squeeze an extra 50miles out but it varies on what type of driving.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
im getting 28-30 with a tuned 2.0

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
lidl got 320 today from a tank full

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
im afraid so.i looked out the window this morning and he was sat there on the step with a begging bowl.....also wanted interest free credit on purchases from me.....can you believe it.me and ash are getting sick of supporting his "habit"

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm glad I'm in Scotland, although I did hear that the A1 is passable again after this morning's snow.
Maybe I could suggest he tried the more southern latitudes, as there are more club members down London way.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
lets face it he aint gonna come up your way.........getting cash from you lot is blood from a stone

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
wesh eh? bet you bought a fleece lol

back on topic you naughty boy........so who's got better figures than those already printed

·
Registered
294 Posts
lol, i didnt think my car was too bad on fuel i drive mostly motorway miles but i do drive fast n dont mind paying for the petrol but since i put the induction kit on my car im getting no where near as many miles as i used to, i dont know its because i rag it more now it sounds nice or its just made it worse lol but doing all motorway miles i got 380 miles out of a tank b4 induction kit and mines a gen 3 2.0l.

·
Banned
169 Posts
These figures people are quoting for mpg, I'd be interested to know - are these calculated from fuel quantities or reading from the dial? Because I'd be willing to bet there'd be a pretty big difference between what the dial says and the actual.

I think I calculated about a 26mpg average from my v6, and that's an actual figure.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
fuel quantities 4 me!there is a sticker on da pumps in my local station that tells u how to change liters in MPG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts