Registered
260 Posts
Yup and the funny headlights :twisted:

P.S, nice wheels actually!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks glad you like they are rs gt's only just put them on an omg they don half make her handle so much better its unreal lol as you can tell i am quite impressed an does any one know of anything elese i can do to make her handle abit better thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Strut braces will help and they are a cheap mod. Other thing is the tires, generally you'll find Toyo's, Pirellis and I have Avon ZZ3's on. It can be quite a difference with some proper rubber on the road.. Next up is suspension but someone else will have to advise on that (it's my next mod!!)

P.S, it's a running joke between Gen1 and Gen2 owners, don't worry about it ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that i was thinking off a strut brace to be honest lol
ok is it coz the gen 2 is better lol :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
cut it out... gen wars aint allowed round these parts :x

basically the main difference between the gen 1 and the gen 2 is the lights front and rear.

·
Registered
260 Posts
No gen wars here ;) just letting bruiser know!!! Strut brace is dead easy to fit, you may have trouble explaining exactly what it is if the person at your insurance company doesn't speak english and it isn't on their drop down menu :roll:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol yeah i know what you are saying there i hate dealing with the insurance people lol
p.s
i read the forum rules an didnt quite understand what you ment about gen wars now i understand lol my bad !

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
it's all good, just there are other sites where a brand new user would come on, post a pic of their gen 1 or 2 and all they would get in response is "Rust bucket get a gen 3" or such what.. not what I want our new users to be greeted with. :D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Thats almost identical to my mates gen2! Really nice coupe youve got their matey! As kal says for better handling strut brace, suspension and tyres are the best places to start, If your really serious about it then you can look into weight reduction and a big old spoiler! The cheapest, easiest to install and best results for the money is the strut brace, front more so than the back! Although gmax 40mm springs can be picked up from around £85 so if you know someone who can fit them they can come in pretty cheap also! I have both on my coupe and the handling still impresses me

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lovely gen 2 you have there :)

I used to start lots of gen wars on the UKHCS but in a joke way not a mean & nasty way :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heya mate,

If you want to improve handling then I would recommend Eibach Pro Kit springs, I know they are pricey BUT they are worth every penny I assure you! Still do the strut bars with the springs though, front and rear strut, check out shark racing for them! Also, tyres are very important, they are your only contact patch with the road afterall, the above are mentioned makes are great mentions!

Erm, after that you can uprate the shocks, I think Bilstein are a pretty good option to go for.

However, if you are really bothered about the handling you can get a set of Eibach coilovers for £500 (if you buy soon from someone I know, let me know if interested) These are springs and shocks and are supposively a lot better for handling (I've never tried them)

IMO the springs and strut bars and tyres would be more than enough for what you want

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
LiDL said:
it's all good, just there are other sites where a brand new user would come on, post a pic of their gen 1 or 2 and all they would get in response is "Rust bucket get a gen 3" or such what.. not what I want our new users to be greeted with. :D
Just not greeting new users with comments like that? How long do we have to wait until they no longer new users and we can?
And silvercoupe, the 2002 onwards is the gen3, which got updated every couple of years, so things like the gen3.5/s111 etc are facelifted gen3s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts