Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For anyone wanting to tidy the engine bay heres a few ideas!!! so heres my engine bay with all the mods ive done so far! best of all theres some nice cheap ones in there too :D

So we have:
-OMP strut brace
-SRI with cold air feed! (£20 for the cone filter, £12 for the aluminium feed)
-Magnecor silicone leads
-Painted manifold, lead cover and throttle body! All the paint for under £15
-Blue insulation tape to give the look of silicone hoses for under £1

·
Banned
169 Posts
Heh, loving the "Blue insulation tape to give the look of silicone hoses for under £1".

I've always wanted to do a proper job of replacing the hoses but not really having much clue what I'm doing I'm not even sure I could figure out which ones are going to be air and which would squirt nasty fluids in my face (no jokes please).

One day, maybe...

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Where can you get the aluminium feed for your intake from? The induction kit looks the same as mine, but ive just got the filter off to 1 side of the engine, and im still getting warmed up air from it.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any diy shop should sell it mate! I got mine from focus and it was around £12 for 2 metres! Have a look in the plumbing section ;)

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
nice ash

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ash can you tell me how you managed to spray the engine cover? How i mean is without spraying the writing ect lol :D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually sprayed the whole thing white and then got a black touch up pen and did the letters with that! Took a lot of patience!

·
Registered
167 Posts
LOL i was thinking that cos it would NOT be easy to mask off that text lol...... :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
How did you spray yor engine block Ash? What parts did you remove? (if any) Or did you lift yu engine out? Started to do mine today got as far as the S.P Cover lol

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All of it was done in place mate! Apart from the plug cover! I just carefully masked off certain parts and then used a couple of blankets to lay over the rest of the engine bay just avoid getting a light dusting anywhere else

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
The Lead/Plug cover, and the tp half of the side cover are held on by a few bolts, a 10mm (I think, may be 12) longreach socket will see them off, then you can do them without worry of overspray. And you can use the car whilst they off.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Ash, that look great!!

Love the insulation tape idea... I did the same myself on my old car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
niceeee !!!.. how do u clean ur engine :| coz i was going to wash mine but my mate said not today coz it might get into electric :|

whats best way ?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
well i have always used a damp sponge and plenty of old rags with degreaser (stuff from the poundworld/land is a bargain)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts