Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so on saturday due to speeding on coming focus i ended up wrapping my F2 Evo round a pole such a dramatic seen with the police and all this buisness being involved and they proved it wasnt my fault how ever this has demolished

passenger side wing
passenger side inner wing
bumper
bonnet
fuse box
battery
front mount
headlights both sides

and i am told i am lucky in a way that, the chasis, wheels suspension ect is still exactly where it should be, also my dad drove it home in this condition about 5-6miles and it didnt pull either side and still to every1s amazement run as it did before the accident it didnt over heat and hasnt lost no fluids infact other then the fuse box and battery being knocked off the brackets (still intact) the engine is still mint!
i have been quoted £1500 labour and i have to supply my own parts

now heres where i could do with advice and help, is this worth fixing, selling, breaking up? i really want a coupe with body kit custom bonnet ect ect as i have always wanted a show car hmmm what to do ideas any one

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
depends what you personally wanna do.first thing you gotta ask-how good are you at major repairs.if not-big cost
how many people locally have you got that could do the work if you have got the money?
is it WORTH repairing-eg people get funny ideas their car is worth a fortune cos its an F2-and its not-its just an old car to most people(not being rude-just factual)
have you got the time to do it.most important of all
if not get rid and get summat else

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i no the value is not much i loved the car but im thinking of selling it as it is for any1 who may want a f2evo engine with only 79 thousand miles and mint interior back ect litterally had it all done a few month back and now damaged passanger wing how ever everything else is 100% fine and whats it worth breaking up for people either with a broken f2 or taking the parts to make a gen1 look f2 like, im getting more and more drawn to getting a gen2 and with the money saved not repairing the f2 kitting it up its a hard choice

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
yep id go with that.its just an old(uncollectable)car.its a shame but its facts.have you had a look at lee's car for sale?

·
Banned
115 Posts
m8 your being massively ripped off there. for that money, id want new parts, and they supply!

go to a scrappy or look at breakers all over the place, i use firstchoicespares on tinternet.

front wing - £50
bumper - about 80 or so
headlights - 50
bonnet - not massive amounts, i sold mine for a tenner... get a bargin from somewhere - up to 70
fuse box you dont need if its still intact, but go to a scrappy anyway and your prob looking about a tenner.
front mount, not too sure but again dont imagine it being expensive.

so there your looking at 400 at most for all the parts.

take it to a reasonable body shop, and they should fit and spray it for 600 at most.

or fit it yourself and save a fortune... origional bumpers are easy to put on, wings are like 7 or 8 bolts, cant go wrong, bonnet - 4 bolts but will need a friend to help. headlights, mega easy. try and find stuff the same colour and you wont need to worry about spraying.

at work we had an astra come in, needed new bonnet, new wing, new door, new bumber, new headlight, new tail light, then all needed to be sprayed.

we only charged somewhere around 1100 for the lot.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
see? it can be done but you gotta be willing

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have replaced all that my self previously like lukewood said its easy the hardest part it front panel, but thats just spot welds, drill em out and find someone with a spot welder to put back on. theres about 4 coupe in the scrappy near me, what colour yours i could hava look for ya. but seriously fit it all you self, and also i go college doing body repair and we have customer cars in that we only charge them materials, so hava look near you see if there is the same course and get in done cheap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
after looking into it i think im gonna try and get lees coupe so shortly mine will be up for sale so if any of you who can fix it want a project car or you want parts contact me threw here and come take alook unfortunatly i work every hour under the sun just to afford the car so i dont have time to do this work myself after looking at gen2s i can get a modified and the insurance is still cheaper then the f2evo standard so i think its time i just sell the evo on weather in parts or as a whole

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
i can hear eggcatcher drooling already

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
really ha he has seen the car before apart from a minor love ding its fine :cool: haha if he is interested ill take some pictures and like i said its available to see at any time its in a locked up yard at my work so i need to be contacted first about it

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Im interesed in the rear spoiler, and thats about it. Been ordered to stop spending so much on the car, getting married in 8 monthes, and apparently the money for that is more important. I don't know where these women get their silly ideas from!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
under thumb

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HA you could use the whole

i love you very much and i also love cars and you know that cars did come first

then hope to god you get away with it then come get my car :p

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Only want the spoiler, not the whole car! Either drop the F2 evo engine into lethallees Gen2, or change the cams and you've got a motor quicker than your F2 evo, as the Gen2 a lot lighter. Any 2.0 Gen2 driver will tell you they keep up with a Gen3 V6.
She's been told plenty of times if its between her or the car, I'll pick the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha ill have to see im not very good when it comes to mechanics so ill have to find some1 else tochange the cams

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
also anyone no where i can get a complete bodykit for a gen2? because i keep coming across the same one over and over and have not seen another one

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
ask sharky if you can buy his

1 - 20 of 22 Posts