Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title.

If you have any questions on the oily stuff please post them here and we will get back to you.

If you would like a recommendation for your car please give the following info.

Make -

Model -

Year -

Mods -

Use (track etc) -

Hopefully we can be of some use here.

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Make - hyundai

Model - coupe gen 1

Year - 99

Mods - sri thats all

Use (track etc) - general motoring with abit of flat out's every now nd then

wondering what oil i should get, also seem to be either burning oil or losing it somewhere, but wondering if u could give me advice to what to look out for!

·
Registered
340 Posts
i'd guess between 1-1.5 litres? my gf's brother had a look and thought that the oil cap may be abit faulty as there was some oil around there but it may have just been from me spill abit when putting it in! but it does seem to go down along the engine?

·
Banned
169 Posts
Alright Guy

Possibly placing an order with you this weekend for some oil and brake fluid, wanted to see what you'd recommend.

The car is a 2003 Coupe V6, which is used primarily for fast road but also maybe 4-5 track days a year. The car has 60k on the clock but the engine was rebuilt 8k ago, so doesn't really lose any oil. I'm looking at something decent that will maintain the engine well especially when hot, but also something not so painfully expensive that I can't change it often - I'd rather change the oil regularly than go for a silly expensive oil. I think I use 10W-40 at the moment and that's probably fine, but I don't know if any brands are more suitable than others. I'm not a brand whore and am happy to go for whatever's the most suitable at the best price.

I'm looking to completely bleed through my brake system as well as replacing the front discs and pads, so I suspect I'll need a few litres. Nothing silly, I'm looking at the cheaper (non-race) brake fluids.

What would you recommend on the brake fluid and oil fronts?

Cheers
Owain.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
169 Posts
How much brake fluid would you need to completely flush the entire brake system? And how much do I want to pump through each corner to make sure I've flushed it all?

Pretty sure the fluid in there at the moment is screwed and needs replacing. I've got a spare-wheel-powered kit for replacing the fluid but don't know how I'll know when all the old stuff is gone.

Cheers muchly
O.

·
Banned
169 Posts
Really, is that all?! I thought it'd be more than that, so that's good.

Does brake fluid colour over time or anything so I can tell when the new fluid has drained through?

Never done the job before, y'see...

O.

·
Banned
169 Posts
Righty ho, I'll go for that then. I assume the rears will need more bleeding through than the fronts?

I'll probably be placing an order with you some point soon.

Cheers
O.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Owain,
When I last bled the brakes on my motorcycle I put a drop of inkjet ink into the old fluid, than bled the brakes until the coloured fluid was gone.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Advice please.......

Year: 2000
Gen: 2
Engine: 2.0 DOHC
Mods: CAI / Cat-Back System (header to follow soon)

Was wondering what the best all round oil is to use in my Coupe? Not realy an aggressive driver but i do have a heavy foot now and again lol. Thankyou in advance, also, is there good/bad engine coolants? If so what would you recomend? Im due to service my car so could do with some advice?

Thankyou Craig... :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
167 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts