Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After deciding that the standard interior looked too dull, I decided to paint some console trim parts up, although I used vauxhall burgundy, as it was cheaper than getting hyundai burgundy specially mixed up, and it won't be a direct colour match anyway. Also got a better pic of my red interior light.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very nice, am doing mine at the moment in a metallic blue, hopefully fitting some pieces at the weekend so will take some pics!!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
looks better in flesh

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After xmas Im getting a few neaons, so will have the whole dash out to fit them, so will paint the dash whilst its out.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
eggcatcher said:
paul896 said:
looking good mate!custom painted interiors really come out good in the Gen2s
They might, but I won't know, its a Gen1 :D
oh paul cant you tell the difference? eggcatchers is the far superior gen.dont you have any museums in ireland to help you tell the difference........ :D
(poll opens soon-how long til eggcatcher gets a gen3)
im amazed he got the colour to match so well.it looks slightly different in photos but in the flesh its very close

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Colour match? Its vauxhall (sorry about the language) burgundy. Had gone around carparks parking next to burgundy cars from other manufacturers and vauxhall was closest. And honestly with the interior you can get away with minor shade differences.
And don't bother with the poll, got no plans on a Gen3 yet, providing it doesn't get too rusty I'm keeping as long as possible, may even drop a V6 into it if the engine dies.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
you'll be lucky.we've already accertained they dont fit(shame)
are you being one of those sad people who pinches stuff off cars and takes it for a colour match at b and q lol

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope, just found out what burgundys halfords stocked, (getting it mixed would cost 2wice as much and probably be a worse match) then compared my options.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
nicola wants the lounge painting orange,can we have some beard shavings for a match pls.

i think you did really well to get it to match that well tbh.well done(dont go getting big headed though)

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
iv never known anyone be so consistantly short of petrol.........and iv never known anyone go so far on an orange light..................

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Eggcatcher my apologies for thinking u had one of those......lol

finsihed work for Christmas yesterday,was out last night and hangover central this morn!!!!

how r the interior lights at night?

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
paul896 said:
Eggcatcher my apologies for thinking u had one of those......lol

finsihed work for Christmas yesterday,was out last night and hangover central this morn!!!!

how r the interior lights at night?
They make the whole car glow red, Donna got blue in the Puma, but thats because she was able to get Blue LED bulbs to fit, the Gen1 is an odd size bulb, and I couldn't find any LED one that fit, so did that instead. Also used same brake light tape to give a red tint to my T-badges.

thedupleman said:
you'll be lucky.we've already accertained they dont fit(shame)
They will fit where the back seats used to be, driving the back axle! Now thats a project for me, may take some time though, will have to remove car from the road for a while. Then I'd need another Gen1 as a daily drive.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
hahaha nice! a twin engined gen1!!!!hahaha imagine! i saw a twin engined car on tv be4, had two semi auto gearboxes, onre for the front one for the rear, and u could change ratios in them seperately!lol

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not twin engined, a just 1 V6 in the back. Thats a nice plan that'll just be too much for me to pull off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts