Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup, 1st stop is the Hyundai Dealer to get an update of whats actually been done on the car and possibly book it in for a timing belt change if needed.
I'm guessing that it'll be similar to Pug, where any dealer services are logged and they can check the service history. Luckily the closest Hyundai dealership is the one its got all its stamps from :)

Then hopefully that'll be it :)

·
Banned
169 Posts
Ah good effort Ben, glad to see not everyone's bailing out like girls and getting 1.4 litre diesels due to this godforsaken "credit crunch" bullcrap.

I've got the v6 in black, and it is indeed awesome. Slap on a stainless exhaust and a SRI and then you'll REALLY hear her purr...

One thing I would say, be careful about how much money you put aside for work to the car - the V6 is a costly little bugger to run, so just be careful. Remember that the warranty is still valid for all Hyundai parts on the car, so there's no need to get brakes or consumables done by them - get them done cheaper elsewhere.

When it comes to the engine though I always paid the extra for Hyundai to do the work.

You will not be disappointed :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for moving :)

Yea, I got a larger loan than I really needed so that I can have some spare cash for the car "just in case"...

Car's gotta stay standard for the 1st year unfortunately, insurance :(
Although, a few subtle mods are planned. Such as clear side repeaters, some gen 3.5 style headlights and possible tinted rear lights.... but i'm in no rush :)

Funny story actually - My GF hates the car :D
We went to test drive 2 other coupes at the weekend and she came with me and hated them both.... she saw a 307 xsi that we took for a spin and I actually nearly bought it!
Luckily I walked away and went to see another coupe on the sunday (this time without the GF) and ended up putting a deposit down :twisted:
She hates me atm hehehehe!

·
Banned
169 Posts
Mate, once you've got the coupe you won't need a girlfriend, in fact you'd be glad for the extra free time - if she doesn't like the car that's just less weight in the car = better handling.

Actually if she really dislikes it - have you considered getting a new girlfriend? ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL!!! trust me, i'm batting waaaaayyyyyy above what my average should be :lol:

Either way, the car is awesome so she can lump it :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D

Well my insurance certificate turned up today, so i'm all set for this weekend now. Phoned them at midday and I can go pick the car up whenever this weekend.

Hoping that I can grab a lift of someone tomorrow.... want a weekend of playing :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts