Hyundai Coupe Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking today it would be good to run a raffle for a single prize where the price of the entry is 10 or 20% of the retail price of the prize so.. lets say

Prize = Forza Motorsport 3 Super Elite Console which retails at £249.99

so tickets for the raffle are 10% @ £24.99

we sell 11 tickets only (10 to pay for the console, 1 for paypal fees and postage) so then each person has a one in 11 chance of winning the 249.99 console for 24.99

pretty good odds, pretty good price..

it's certainly something I would be interested in.. but what about everyone else?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
yes in principle sounds good.will we sell the tickets though etc

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
i think so.even fleeces have been slow and its the same ones buying again.id say start cheaper

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yeah if it was smaller prizes, or even bigger odds, e.g. the number of tickets vary each time but the ticket value always stays the same - let's say £5 - you might get more interest

. At the beginning of a week it could be offered up like "if we get so many tickets sold the prize will be:...... and if we get so many more the prize will be:........ if we dont get enough for any then it will roll over to next week"

So in this instance for the console you would have to sell 55, which is a stretch maybe, but if only 10 people bought tickets that week then you could still have a prize worth £30-£40 and that would seem more reasonable, with the option always available to run one for 2 or even 3 weeks for special raffles where the prize is intended from the outset to be bigger like for the console.

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.